• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA Fullsequence T2f1a1 - next?

Hi,

My mtDNA Fullsequence haplogroup is T2f1a1

What next?

I am from Finland. My last known in my motherline is my grand-grandmother (born in Finland)
    Grandmother told that her mother's line coming from Germany.

My results is showing today 339 matches from Germany, France, Irland, UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, USA, Australia

Intresting is 4 Native American matches.

Anyone in this group?

What to do now?

Tried to create account with mitosearch but failed due to website error.

Share your results with the research community by uploading them to GenBank. Instructions; http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/submission.htm

You have many matches in Scandinavia ---
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm

Comment

Regarding your interesting Native American matches: the known Native American mtDNA haplogroups are A, B, C, D and X.

Your matches who have indicated that they are "Native American" apparently did not understand that the category is meant for those who have a known, preferably proven, maternal line ancestor who was Native American of one tribe or another; not that they are from "America" (U.S.A.).

Many people cannot trace their Most Distant Known Ancestor (MDKA) back to the original country, so just put "Native American" when they mean that the person was born in the United States, which is unfortunate and confusing. If someone is not sure of the difference between United States and Native American, they should leave it blank (as stated on the FTDNA Release Form).

FTDNA needs to add and emphasize this difference on the page in Account Settings under "Genealogy," for "Earliest Known Ancestors," where users can enter their direct maternal and paternal lines. Whatever is entered there is the source of the locations shown in the lists for maternal and paternal matches.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
        Regarding your interesting Native American matches: the known Native American mtDNA haplogroups are A, B, C, D and X.

Your matches who have indicated that they are "Native American" apparently did not understand that the category is meant for those who have a known, preferably proven, maternal line ancestor who was Native American of one tribe or another; not that they are from "America" (U.S.A.).

Many people cannot trace their Most Distant Known Ancestor (MDKA) back to the original country, so just put "Native American" when they mean that the person was born in the United States, which is unfortunate and confusing. If someone is not sure of the difference between United States and Native American, they should leave it blank (as stated on the FTDNA Release Form).

FTDNA needs to add and emphasize this difference on the page in Account Settings under "Genealogy," for "Earliest Known Ancestors," where users can enter their direct maternal and paternal lines. Whatever is entered there is the source of the locations shown in the lists for maternal and paternal matches.
        Hi,

Thank you for clarifying why this occur and 'YES' FTDNA should emphasize this difference!

Comment

Working...
        X