Guessing halogroup by matches? H1a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing halogroup by matches? H1a1

I have done a mtDNA-test, but not a full sequence text. My result was H. If I check my matches, they are H and a lot of H1a1 and some few H1a1b and H1a1a1. Nothing else.

I guess that I can make the conclusion that my halogruop is in H1 and most likely H1a1?

My great grandmother were from Germany and all other relatives from Sweden.

Originally posted by Viveqa View Post
    I have done a mtDNA-test, but not a full sequence text. My result was H. If I check my matches, they are H and a lot of H1a1 and some few H1a1b and H1a1a1. Nothing else.

I guess that I can make the conclusion that my halogruop is in H1 and most likely H1a1?

My great grandmother were from Germany and all other relatives from Sweden.
    Yes, most likely your mtDNA haplogroup is H1a1 or one of its subclades, since you have
    • 16519 from H1,
    • 73 & 16162 from H1a,
    • and 16209 from H1a1.

Is that certain? No. You might be missing required mutations in the coding region (3010 & 6365) and you might have other mutations in the coding region that would place you in a not yet defined branch of H or H1 or H1a.

Mr W

P.S.
    The coding region is many times larger than the area you had tested.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
      Yes, most likely your mtDNA haplogroup is H1a1 or one of its subclades, since you have
      • 16519 from H1,
      • 73 & 16162 from H1a,
      • and 16209 from H1a1.

Is that certain? No. You might be missing required mutations in the coding region (3010 & 6365) and you might have other mutations in the coding region that would place you in a not yet defined branch of H or H1 or H1a.

Mr W

P.S.
      The coding region is many times larger than the area you had tested.
      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X