Nearly 'pure' W1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 'pure' W1

I received my full mtDNA results a couple weeks ago and found that currently, I'm a unicorn. Meaning, I have no exact matches to my mtDNA.

I sent my results to Mark Wade at www.thecid.com He replied back and told me my results were quite unique. I quote his email:

"Your result is quite unique. You are nearly a 'pure' W1...Your lineage is unchanged from the original W1 around 15,000 years ago except for one mutation... The 16223t mutation (that most W's have) changed back to 16223c in your line....Your result is unique so far."

Then, Peter Fischer from the W Haplogroup Project said this:
    "I have placed you in W1 which is the same as FTDNA's designation. C7864T -> W1. Your other mutation T16223C. This places you as being not much different to the W1 founder who had presumably only C7864T. This is kind of awkward for mtDNA matching, as you don't have many additional mutations. Currently you have no exact matches in my database or at FTDNA. In your case we can't say much, except that your matrilineage likely entered Europe some time after the Early Neolithic."

After these two responses, I wish I knew more about my subclade. The farthest I can trace my maternal lineage is to a Priscilla Joyner in Pitt County, North Carolina in the 1700's.

Originally posted by ChristieMoore33 View Post
    I received my full mtDNA results a couple weeks ago and found that currently, I'm a unicorn. Meaning, I have no exact matches to my mtDNA....

After these two responses, I wish I knew more about my subclade. The farthest I can trace my maternal lineage is to a Priscilla Joyner in Pitt County, North Carolina in the 1700's.
    Hi Christie,

Do you have a autosomal kit on GEDmatch available for comparisons? On GEDmatch, my mother (H5, not W1) has a number of X-DNA matches (under default parameters) with W1's. I wouldn't be surprised if you are connected too.

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
      Hi Christie,

Do you have a autosomal kit on GEDmatch available for comparisons? On GEDmatch, my mother (H5, not W1) has a number of X-DNA matches (under default parameters) with W1's. I wouldn't be surprised if you are connected too.

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt
      I do have my autosomal DNA uploaded to GEDmatch. How will I know which one she might be?

Comment

Working...
      X