H5a1g1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H5a1g1

This is my haplogroup. I have a couple of questions...

1.On the Ancestral Origins page all the percentages are less than .5%. Why would this be?

2.The "H" haplogroup went in two directions, one went west toward Spain/Portugal and one went north toward Scandinavia. How do I now determine which path my maternal ancestors took? I have tried to research the subclades but am not finding very much. I have seen the subclade H5a1g1a in Scandinavia but mine does not have the "a" at the end. My Haplogroup origins are as follows:
    H5a1g1 Belgium - 1
    H5a1g1 England - 6
    H5a1g1 Germany - 3
    H5a1g1 Ireland - 3
    H5a1g1 Scotland - 1
    H5a1g1 United Kingdom - 1
    H5a1g1 United States - 1

I have one exact match to Scotland.

Does this mean my maternal line went as far as Germany and turned west toward Great Britain?

I am new to this but enjoying what I'm learning.
    Last edited by lynnrock; 10 April 2016, 11:38 AM.

?? No comments?

Comment

The percentages are all very small because it is the percentage of all mtDNA testers who have listed that particular country of origin who have tested positive for H5a1g1

If you look through your FMS matches list, you might try mapping out on Google Earth the locations of each person's most distant direct maternal ancestor and see if any patterns emerge that way.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guetta View Post
        The percentages are all very small because it is the percentage of all mtDNA testers who have listed that particular country of origin who have tested positive for H5a1g1

If you look through your FMS matches list, you might try mapping out on Google Earth the locations of each person's most distant direct maternal ancestor and see if any patterns emerge that way.
        Thank you for the response.

Comment

Working...
        X