Haplogroup T1a1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplogroup T1a1k

I recently had the FGS performed by FTDna, expecting maybe to be one of the H haplogroups types, since we thought maternal ancestry mostly British & Irish.

The furthest back I have documented is my 3rd g.g.m Elizabeth Solly or Lolly b. abt 1814, died 1847. Little was known about her. She married Michael McCrea and settle in NW Pennsylvania in late 1700's or early 1800. They were Catholics.

To my surprise my haplotype was T1A1K and I have zero genetic distance (FGS) with 3 people. I don't see any ancestors in common, but it could be further back in time.

Before contacting any matches, I wanted a little more insight. I have been to lectures at Rootstech, and watched the learning center videos.

Most of the matches seem to be of Jewish ancestry. Is it possible my female ancestor was from Eastern Europe or Russia and migrated westward to the British Isles?

This is really interesting as I have had some health issues and been asked if I have any Jewish ancestry. I was negative for BRAC genes, though have recently been diagnosed with Crohns.

Would adding the Family Finder provide any additional insight? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by CaGma View Post
    Would adding the Family Finder provide any additional insight? Any input would be appreciated.
    I vote in favor of adding Family Finder. Some might tell you that most MtDNA haplogroup migrations happened long ago, but I have research that is showing a lot of the movements to be within the last 300 years. Autosomal DNA testing (for cousin relationships) would help sort who in your T1a1k haplogroup are related in more recent times.

Jack Wyatt

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
      I vote in favor of adding Family Finder. Some might tell you that most MtDNA haplogroup migrations happened long ago, but I have research that is showing a lot of the movements to be within the last 300 years
      Thanks, Jack

I am ordering the Family Finder. I have also ordered the Ancestry and 23&me to see what results they come up with. We ordered my husband's YDNA thinking he might have separdic ancestry on father's side. His came up native american Q-M3. So if there is it's probably not on his YDNA. And my brother who we have documented back my 4th g.g.f. has not matched with Bates but with Little/Liddle. Never know what DNA is going to tell us .

As someone who's always been interested in archeaology and anthropology, but whose occupation was a Clinical Laboratory Scientist - I find it all fascinating..

Shirley

Comment

Working...
      X