Very odd results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd results

I received a message from family tree that our mitochondrial DNA had failed quality control (we were in batch 607), we noted this message on April 25th, 2015. I felt we'd waited long enough and sent them a message to cancel any further testing, and requested a refund, and told them we'd take our business elsewhere. The next date they stated to receive these results was in late May 2015.

All of a sudden today we have mtDNA results that I don't believe are realistic at all. I feel they made a guess.

They never replied to my initial message to them and I am infuriated, and so frustrated with this bunch!

What to do from here??

Joanne
    Last edited by Gabriel; 28 April 2015, 09:26 PM. Reason: dates

Keep Copies

Please remember to keep copies of any correspondence or notices received from FTDNA.

Comment

Unfortunately messages are coming from an automated system, so it can happen that one gets a postponement message from a computer that sees that your results are not in yet. And then the lab posts your results the very next day.

And since your results appear to be not what could be expected, it is not surprising that that they could have failed the standard quality control and required additional effort (and time!).

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
      How did you know what results to expect? Nobody really knows beforehand...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        [----] What to do from here??

Joanne
        Joanne, tell us more about the results. You do not have to post the values.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

All of a sudden today we have mtDNA results that I don't believe are realistic at all. I feel they made a guess.
          If indeed your results are very rare, FTDNA would have had good reason to double-check and even triple-check them.

How can you possibly know the results are "unrealistic"? Just because they aren't what you expected? Or (which could indeed be a lab or clerical error) the results are internally inconsistent with themselves?

Comment

I received a message from family tree that our mitochondrial DNA had failed quality control (we were in batch 607), we noted this message on April 25th, 2015. I felt we'd waited long enough and sent them a message to cancel any further testing, and requested a refund, and told them we'd take our business elsewhere. The next date they stated to receive these results was in late May 2015.

They never replied to my initial message to them and I am infuriated, and so frustrated with this bunch!

What to do from here??

Joanne
            You could always get a 23andme test. The test includes mtDNA results.

Comment

Working...
            X