No announcement yet.

V(C72T) origins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're lucky, I'm not even in a subgroup. I have about 11 people on my matches list with the same haplogroup "mutation". I assume it isn't common and hasn't been defined into a subclade yet? No one knows anything about it.

Comment

Full sequencing

Originally posted by jtoml3 View Post
      You're lucky, I'm not even in a subgroup. I have about 11 people on my matches list with the same haplogroup "mutation". I assume it isn't common and hasn't been defined into a subclade yet? No one knows anything about it.

I see you did the mitochondrial plus testing. I did that testing at first, which showed only that I was in the V haplogroup. You have to do the full sequencing test, which would be an upgrade for you, but that will reveal your actuall subgroup.

As I stated in earlier post, the full sequencing test also revealed two immature mutations that I have. The full sequencing test will narrow down your matches to the closest, and will show steps like step 1,2,3 for example.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
        I see you did the mitochondrial plus testing. I did that testing at first, which showed only that I was in the V haplogroup. You have to do the full sequencing test, which would be an upgrade for you, but that will reveal your actuall subgroup.

As I stated in earlier post, the full sequencing test also revealed two immature mutations that I have. The full sequencing test will narrow down your matches to the closest, and will show steps like step 1,2,3 for example.

Best regards, Doug
        If you read down a bit further you would have seen I upgraded to the FMS test as I initially was just V with mtDNA Plus and wanted to know more.

This would probably better help explain it.

Last edited by jtoml3; 18 March 2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

@jtoml3

If you wanted a nice name for your haplogroup, then that may never happen, as the mtDNA phylotree appears to be unmanageable using the old ways (anymore).

Thus people are getting their haplogroups named SINGLE_LETTERDEFINING_MUTATION

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
          It is not always a single letter, as there are main branches like HV that have two letters etc.
          Last edited by dna; 18 March 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I would also add that the large majority of the SNPs ending with the exclamation mark will be in either the HVR1 or HVR2 region, so they would be considered more volatile. There are some in the coding region though as well.

-Darren

Comment

Working...
            X