mtDNA HAPLOGROUP changed from H27 t0 B4'5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA HAPLOGROUP changed from H27 t0 B4'5

Has one else had their mtDNA HAPLOGROUP change in th last week ? I noticed that my half sister an my mtDNA HAPLOGROUP changed from H27 t0 B4'5 when I logged in today.I had join the H and HV mtDNA Halpogroup was wondering if I should pull out of that group now that I am not H27 any more ? Also what would have cause them to change my Haplogroup as I have not taken any more test lately ? Sorry if the questions sound stupid but I am trying to learn.I am trying to find more information on B4'5.

DMK

Originally posted by DMK View Post
    Has one else had their mtDNA HAPLOGROUP change in th last week ? I noticed that my half sister an my mtDNA HAPLOGROUP changed from H27 t0 B4'5 when I logged in today.
    This is a mistake in the FTDNA algorithm for predicting haplogroups. You are still in H27. I would recommend submitting a bug report to FTDNA and ask them to change your results back to H27.

Comment

Originally posted by GST View Post
      This is a mistake in the FTDNA algorithm for predicting haplogroups. You are still in H27. I would recommend submitting a bug report to FTDNA and ask them to change your results back to H27.
      Thank you for your reply GST,I will submit a bug report and see what they say.

Comment

I manage one kit that is H27 but it hasn't changed.

Comment

Here is the reply I got back from the help desk on 7/25/2014 so I am waiting to see what they find out,hopefully it want be a long wait.

Thank you for your email and I apologize for the delay in my reply. I am looking into this with my manager and the lab. I will let you know what I hear.

Best Regards,

Darren Marin

Comment

The rest of the story?

Sooooo... what ended up coming of this? Was an error made in the initial designation or was the error made when the haplogroup was changed? I'm incredibly curious how someone's mtDNA haplogroup suddenly went from solidly European to Native American!

Comment

Originally posted by Bohunk View Post
              Sooooo... what ended up coming of this? Was an error made in the initial designation or was the error made when the haplogroup was changed? I'm incredibly curious how someone's mtDNA haplogroup suddenly went from solidly European to Native American!
              The error was made when the haplgroup was changed from H27 to B. Here is the source of the problem: 8281-8289d is the defining mutation for haplogroup B but this deletion is somewhat common and occurs independently in many other haplogroups, including a subgroup of people in H27. Something went haywire in the prediction algoritm, and people who are definitely and very obviously H27 were reassigned to B. At least some of the people have been changed back to H27, although I don't know if all the samples have been corrected.

Comment

Something went haywire in the prediction algoritm, and people who are definitely and very obviously H27 were reassigned to B. At least some of the people have been changed back to H27, although I don't know if all the samples have been corrected.
                All kits that this affected should be fixed, so if you find any that still have the wrong haplogroup, definitely have the customer email Customer Support so they can ask IT to fix it.

Elise

Comment

Working...
                X