Just Returned L0a Mt Haplogroup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Returned L0a Mt Haplogroup.

Not only is this a complete and total shock, as my maternal grandmother was "Snow White", but it also explains all of the odd results that were showing up on Gedmatch.

My maternal Grandfather was E1b1a, so now we have not one but two confirmed African Grandparents.

Moving forward,L0a is the first off shoot of "genetic Eve" and the oldest haplogroup on the phylo tree, with an age of 100-150,00 years. That's humbling for sure. But what's even more interesting is the extremely low frequency in the Americas, and its isolation to SE Africa. The question that I have is, how did it arrive here and when?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/core/lw/...v74p454fg1.jpg

What fun! Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaru View Post
      Not only is this a complete and total shock, as my maternal grandmother was "Snow White", but it also explains all of the odd results that were showing up on Gedmatch.

My maternal Grandfather was E1b1a, so now we have not one but two confirmed African Grandparents.

Moving forward,L0a is the first off shoot of "genetic Eve" and the oldest haplogroup on the phylo tree, with an age of 100-150,00 years. That's humbling for sure. But what's even more interesting is the extremely low frequency in the Americas, and its isolation to SE Africa. The question that I have is, how did it arrive here and when?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/core/lw/...v74p454fg1.jpg
      150,000 years,congratulations.

Comment

Thanks.

It's extremely interesting, and on the downside (or upside) I will have very few matches in the Mt dept. but the ones that I have will not be false positives.

Comment

Im L0a1b1!! Im reading all I can on it as well. I think I have on match it says Hrv2 next to her and only Hrv1 to the other 6 matches I have. So the one who matches me at 2 needs to do the full sequence right?

Comment

Originally posted by danette823 View Post
            Im L0a1b1!! Im reading all I can on it as well. I think I have on match it says Hrv2 next to her and only Hrv1 to the other 6 matches I have. So the one who matches me at 2 needs to do the full sequence right?
            Yes, the people who have only tested HVR1 or HVR1 & HVR2 would need to test the full sequence to identify their subclade of L0a1. The common maternal ancestor of L0a1 is estimated to have lived about 28,000 years ago, so they could be very distantly related on the maternal line.

Gail

Comment

Working...
            X