mtDNA Hg T2b help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA Hg T2b help

I posted this query in the FTDNA T2 Project a few weeks ago, but as I have had no response I'll try my luck here!!

I administer my wife's account where she has the results from her mtFullSequence test.

In the T2 Project she has been assigned to "Hg T2b - Subgroup C". She has zero matches with GD=0 or 1, but over 20 with GD=2.

She has a mutation in HVR2 region at A214G (SMGF said it was a Heteroplasmy), plus two mutations in the Coding Region, A10295G and G14226A.

My question is: What is the explanation for the 20+ matches with GD=2 when she has 3 mutations? I know, for example, that at least one of her GD=2 matches do not have the HVR2 mutation - it is as if one of the listed Coding Region mutations don't count.

Any clues will be gratefully accepted!

Am I right that line 37 on this list is not her data?
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm

Comment

That is correct, she is not in Logan's list.

You can find her on the FTDNA's T2mtDNA Project on line #332, obviously only HVR1 and HVR2 results.

Comment

One simple explanation would be that the matches with GD=2 share one of the mentioned three mutations with your wife, but not the other two.

A more complicated explanation: GD=2 could also mean they share two of the three mutations, but the match has an additional mutation in another ("fourth") position.

A214G could well be an undetected heteroplasmy A214R, as half of the mutations in 214 in the T1 project (seen as guest) were detected heteroplasmies - that's a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by chr View Post
          One simple explanation would be that the matches with GD=2 share one of the mentioned three mutations with your wife, but not the other two.
          This is also the conclusion I have reached. Without access to the Coding Region results it is however difficult to say.

I'll have to try contacting some of the matches to see if they are willing to share the CR results.

Comment

Working...
          X