T146C mutation query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T146C mutation query

Did the full mtDNA sequence. In terms of genealogy is this mutation particularly important?

Originally posted by ltd-jean-pull View Post
    Did the full mtDNA sequence. In terms of genealogy is this mutation particularly important?
    This is one of the more common mutations, and, because of the possibility of parallel mutations and reverse mutations, it is less reliable for constructing phylogenetic trees. It could still be useful for identifying your closest matches, but I would also take a look at any 1 step matches who differ from you only at marker 146.

Comment

Thanks GST. That was very helpful.

Should I do as much research as possible before the dementia sets in? I thought Gt-grandma was like that because of the gin.

True story - my father took her to the funeral home and sat with her beside Percy and they talked about Percy and their happy times together. Next day after the service they had afternoon tea at my grandmother's house and after a while Great Gramdma asked why everyone was there. She had no recollection of going to his funeral and was furious she hadn't been told. In spite of the short term memory issues she remembered for months that her daughter supposedly had hidden Percy's death from her.
      Last edited by ltd-jean-pull; 18 February 2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X