the most matches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the most matches

out of curiosity whats the most matches anybody has out there that are zero distance full mt? My aunt is H2a2a1 and has over 200 zero distant matches. Still can't make any useful genealogical connection with those match.

My mom on the other hand has only 2 gen dist of 2 matches H10. funny how clumped up the full mt is.

She has two hundred mtDNA matches at a genetic distance of zero?

That seems... unusual.

I'm H2a2a1, and I have only 3 GD 0 matches at that level.

Comment

I have 16 mtDNA genetic distance of zero matches and am U3a1b.

Comment

My father's mt has 2 genetic matches at 0 distance and 1 match at 1 distance. He is T1a1c on mito.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
          She has two hundred mtDNA matches at a genetic distance of zero?

That seems... unusual.

I'm H2a2a1, and I have only 3 GD 0 matches at that level.
          Hmmm...well I have 134 genetic distance 0 matches, last count. One of my matches told me the gd 0 was rare, but not to me it isn't. My haplogroup is H1a1.

Comment

Not my haplogroup, but I administer an H1b1 kit with 25 GD=0 matches. Nobody has any idea where their mtDNA line was before the 17th century.

Mr W

P.S.
            A couple of matches could potentially be back-mutations since they come from areas at some distance from everybody else. Of course, travel cannot be excluded.

Comment

H1c9 - no 0 distance matches.

Comment

U3a1a - 6 matches @ GD=0

Comment

I administer three kits that have had the mtFullSequence test done, and as of today they show:
                  • K1a3 - no matches at 0 distance, 11 matches total
                  • H13a1a1a - 2 matches at 0 distance, 81 matches total
                  • H5K - 15 matches at 0 distance, 47 matches total

Comment

T1a1 - 381 FMS total, 3 at O, none at 1

Two of three have responded to email. No known MRCA.

All three have done FF.

When I combine mtDNA and FF on Adv Matches, I get 4 matches but GD of 2 to 3 and mostly 4th to Remote.

Comment

Originally posted by mabrams View Post
                      T1a1 - 381 FMS total, 3 at O, none at 1

Two of three have responded to email. No known MRCA.

All three have done FF.

When I combine mtDNA and FF on Adv Matches, I get 4 matches but GD of 2 to 3 and mostly 4th to Remote.
                      Maybe I can help you find some MRCA's. My mother is not a T1a1, but on her GEDmatch 'X one-to-many' list using the default of 7.0 cM minimum segment size, she has 21 X-DNA matches with T1a1's. If you lower the minimum segment to 5.0 cM, she picks up another 6 matches.

If you want to take a look at the kits, run her kit number T436420 in the 'X one-to-many' then sort the mtDNA Haplogroup column with the down arrowhead to group the list by haplogroup.

Jack Wyatt

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
                        Maybe I can help you find some MRCA's. My mother is not a T1a1, but on her GEDmatch 'X one-to-many' list using the default of 7.0 cM minimum segment size, she has 21 X-DNA matches with T1a1's. If you lower the minimum segment to 5.0 cM, she picks up another 6 matches.

If you want to take a look at the kits, run her kit number T436420 in the 'X one-to-many' then sort the mtDNA Haplogroup column with the down arrowhead to group the list by haplogroup.

Jack Wyatt
                        Let's put things into some perspective..., and consult a paper published in 2012 entitled Mitochondrial DNA Signals of Late Glacial Recolonization of Europe from Near Eastern Refugia http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3376494/.

The estimate given there for the age of the T1a1 haplogroup is more than 10 000 years ago. So there are probably thousands of distinct haplotypes and for any given pair of people who are T1a1 the lady who is their MRCA more likely than not lived before 1492...

Mr W

P.S.
                        1492 is a pure guesstimate on my part. If T1a1 has a nonuniform population distribution, the odds could be very different.

Comment

Working...
                        X