Genetic distances changed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetic distances changed

I used to have only 1 genetic distance of zero match, however now several matches whom used to be genetic distance of 1 or 2 are showing as genetic distance of zero matches. Is this a bug of some sort, or has the thresholds been lowered? If the one match was always a genetic distance of zero match, obviously there must be some difference between my match with them vs my match with the ones whom used to show as distance of 1 or 2. So I am worried it isn't accurate anymore. Additionally many of these genetic distance of zero matches are from Sweden and my maternal line is from Hungary.

There was a bug that was causing the genetic distance not to display correctly before. The matches you see now will be the corrected list after the bug was fixed. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Comment

Wow ...

I went from no full sequence matches to 26 !!! Everyone who hasn't looked at their mtdna matches recently should look again ...

Comment

I still have 11 FullSequence matches, and no changes. One at 1 step, four at 2 steps, and six at 3 steps. The latest match is from September 2015. So no new matches for my FMS.

My father's FMS matches may have added one or two (dates of 5/2 and 5/6), one of which is a 1 step match. He had two 0 step matches from 2013 and 2014.

His paternal cousin (with their common maternal Irish grandmother's mtDNA haplogroup) has also seemed to gain one or two matches (5/3 & 5/13), one of which is a 0 step. She has 45 FMS matches, with fourteen being at 0 steps.

I haven't looked at my HVR1 or HVR2 matches in a long time, and have it set to not show or email notices about any of those matches.

Comment

Genetic distance change for some

In my haplogroup T1a1k, I went from three 0 genetic distance to twelve with 0 genetic distance. Also some that were 2 are now 1.

No 2's anymore just 0's and 3's.

Not sure where we match...

Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            I haven't looked at my HVR1 or HVR2 matches in a long time, and have it set to not show or email notices about any of those matches.
            Using that setting of no e-mail notices means those matches also do not see you on their lists - so if they are trying to decide if it is worthwhile to increase to FMS, may be misled.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
              Using that setting of no e-mail notices means those matches also do not see you on their lists - so if they are trying to decide if it is worthwhile to increase to FMS, may be misled.
              True, but it's sort of a Catch-22. Either get pestered with a LOT of email notices for HV only matches, or miss those who may upgrade. I'll keep it mind. As it is, I haven't had replies to those matches at the FMS level who I've tried to reach.

Comment

Working...
              X