Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnG
    replied
    The smaller the difference the closer the relationship.

Leave a comment:

• Meglet
    replied
    2 step versus 7 step etc.

I am still a novice at this. Can anyone tell me if, for example, I have a 2-step difference with a match, is it closer to me than a 7-step difference. Or is it the reverse - a 7-step difference is closer than a 2-step.

Leave a comment:

• tab1968
    replied
    The next sale I am ordering the upgrade. I have zero info on this line. All I know is that they came from Germany. Don't know where.

Now I wait...

Todd

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

mtFull results would let you match those without the heteroplasmy. I would wait for a really good sale though.

Originally posted by tab1968 View Post
    Thanks for all the info,

I have 2 heteroplasmies so should I even bother with the full coding region with only I only have a match on HRV1 only? Would you?

I would get the confirmed Haplogroup anyway.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• tab1968
    replied
    Thanks for all the info,

I have 2 heteroplasmies so should I even bother with the full coding region with only I only have a match on HRV1 only? Would you?

I would get the confirmed Haplogroup anyway.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied
    Originally posted by engisdene View Post
    Mine is also HVR1 and HVR2. If there is no match in HVR1+HVR2 wont be any match HVR1+HVR2+Coding Region, if i am not mistaken.
    Won't be any at 0 Steps -- but if there is a mutation in the HVR1 area, then FMS may show matches at 1 or 2 or 3 steps, even tho NO matches for HVR1 or HVR1+HVR2. (One of my cousins regularly picks up these type of matches).

Leave a comment:

• engisdene
    replied
    Mine is also HVR1 and HVR2. If there is no match in HVR1+HVR2 wont be any match HVR1+HVR2+Coding Region, if i am not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• keigh
    replied
    Todd,

Here's how it worked for my brother and me. He tested for the HVR1 and HVR2 and is an H with 815 matches. I did the FMS and tested as H10c1 with 3 exact or 0 step matches. Though though I have a smaller number of matches with the coding region, I have exact matches. And 2 of the exact matches had the autosomal or Family Finder test, but they don't match me on that. Our mtDNA match goes back past current genealogical history.

When my brother does a FF test match against his HVR1 and HVR2 matches he has one match (other than mine) show up, but it's not one of my matches. The individual matches autosomal DNA but not the haplogroup that we have. My brother is a full sibling match with me and there isn't any question that he would have matched me if we'd done the FMS test on him.

mtDNa testing can be very interesting, but doesn't necessarily pull up what you might be hoping for. I was hoping to discover more about my mother's mother's mother who is one of our brick walls. Probably won't happen.

keigh

Leave a comment:

• tab1968
    replied
    Strange

Have you done the full sequence? I only did the two coding regions.

Will doing the entire coding region give more results?

Todd

Leave a comment:

• engisdene
    replied
    You are lucky because you have a match, my mtDNA hg is H too, and have no matches.

Leave a comment:

• morrisondna
    replied
    I tested ten years ago and still do not have a single mtDNA match.

Leave a comment:

• tab1968
    started a topic Only 1 match?

Only 1 match?

The results came in for my uncles mtDNAPlus test and there is only 1 match in the entire system. Does this seem correct? The predicted haplogroup is H.

My own mtDNAPlus results came in with hundreds of matches for Haplogroup V. My uncles kit came in with only 1?

Also when I upload to Mitosearch.org it automatically enters in my results but I get an error to enter a three digit number indicating the mutation location, when I enter the sequence again I still get an error. Has this happened to anyone else? Again I never had this error with my own results.

I contacted the helpdesk but I was wondering if anyone has any additional info.

Thanks

Todd
Working...
X