U4 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U4 help

I just received my mt haplogroup of U4. Being a newbie at this I would love some direction as to what it means and where I can go to find research material. It appears that Y Haplogroup are somewhat more straightforward and provide a lot more information that I can find on Mt haplogroups.
    Thanks for any help you can provide

Take Care
    Doug Gill
    dgill59936@aol.com
    Pleasanton, Ca

HVR1 Haplogroup
    U4

HVR1 differences

from CRS
    16179T

16356C

16519C

HVR2 differences

from CRS
    73G

195C

263G

309.1C

309.2C

315.1C

499A

Hello, fellow U4'er! I don't know much about this either, I uploaded my info to FamilyTreeDNA from the National Genographic Project. It all seems totally fascinating so far, but like you, I'd love to know more. I'm trying in particular to find a better distribution map for the U4 haplotype. I don't share all your mutations, unfortunately, so we probably aren't a close match. I uploaded my results to the mtdna database and nobody shared my mutations exactly.

Comment

I also just got my results back today and find that I'm U4. My mutations are:

HVR1 Haplogroup
      U4

HVR1

- 16356C

- 16519C

HVR2 differences

- 73G

- 195C

- 263G

- 309.1C

- 315.1C

- 499A

- 524.1C

- 524.2A

This seems like a large amount of mutations to me! My family is known to be German and Welch. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Comment

share most hrv1 and all hrv2 (U4)

HVR1 Haplogroup
        U4

HVR1

-16134T
        16266T
        - 16356C

- 16519C

HVR2 differences

- 73G

- 195C

- 263G

- 309.1C

- 315.1C

- 499A

- 524.1C

- 524.2A

Comment

Originally posted by polilla
          HVR1 Haplogroup
          U4

HVR1

-16134T
          16266T
          - 16356C

- 16519C

HVR2 differences

- 73G

- 195C

- 263G

- 309.1C

- 315.1C

- 499A

- 524.1C

- 524.2A
          Too rare haplotype. More likely, the Gulf or countries thereabout.

Comment

Brazilian U4

HVR1 Haplogroup
            U4

HVR1 differences

from CRS
            16179T

16356C

16519C

My ancestors family were owners of the sugar cane company (Senhores de Engenho), most of the owners of sugar cane company are decendents of Portuguese and Dutch-Portuguese Sephardic Jew.

Which of these people is the most commom the Haplogroup U4?
            Portuguese or Dutch-Portuguese Jew.

Comment

Originally posted by Sali
              HVR1 Haplogroup
              U4

HVR1 differences

from CRS
              16179T

16356C

16519C

My ancestors family were owners of the sugar cane company (Senhores de Engenho), most of the owners of sugar cane company are decendents of Portuguese and Dutch-Portuguese Sephardic Jew.

Which of these people is the most commom the Haplogroup U4?
              Portuguese or Dutch-Portuguese Jew.

you have tons of matches in Europe, even in Brasil. Alvez-Silva published in 2000y paper 2 identical 179-356 sequences.

Comment

gulf?

WHich gulf? Persian?

that is a very interesting surprise...how did you come up with that?

Comment

We share U4 and the HVR1 differences

Originally posted by polilla
                  WHich gulf? Persian?

that is a very interesting surprise...how did you come up with that?
                  You and I share both HVR1 differences (but not the HVR2). I'm adopted but have info indicating that my mother is of Middle Eastern decent. This may help confirm that somewhat. I'm also a newbie to this

Comment

Originally posted by douggill
                    I just received my mt haplogroup of U4. Being a newbie at this I would love some direction as to what it means and where I can go to find research material. It appears that Y Haplogroup are somewhat more straightforward and provide a lot more information that I can find on Mt haplogroups.
                    Thanks for any help you can provide

Take Care
                    Doug Gill
                    dgill59936@aol.com
                    Pleasanton, Ca

HVR1 Haplogroup
                    U4

HVR1 differences

from CRS
                    16179T

16356C

16519C

HVR2 differences

from CRS
                    73G

195C

263G

309.1C

309.2C

315.1C

499A
                    I've heard U4 is named Ursula.U comes in 7 types .U 1through7.Some Swedes are U5,some Berbers are U6.My mtK haplogroup is supposedly included /encompassed in the mtU Supergroup.If you want to learn more about mtU,join the U club on your FamilyTreeDNA personal Page-(clik join-up at the top).But I haven't seen a lot of information about the SuperHaplogroup U,and all it's variations.It remains to be more documented and explained.There is a site discussing U,but they only explain evidence of U5and U6,not all the other ones.It is www.worldfamilies.net

Comment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
                      I've heard U4 is named Ursula.U comes in 7 types .U 1through7.Some Swedes are U5,some Berbers are U6.My mtK haplogroup is supposedly included /encompassed in the mtU Supergroup.If you want to learn more about mtU,join the U club on your FamilyTreeDNA personal Page-(clik join-up at the top).But I haven't seen a lot of information about the SuperHaplogroup U,and all it's variations.It remains to be more documented and explained.There is a site discussing U,but they only explain evidence of U5and U6,not all the other ones.It is www.worldfamilies.net
                      Actually Ursula is only used for group U5. If you are U4 you are Ulrike, I believe.

I am not sure where this group originated, but it reaches it's highest concentrations in the Ukraine. A quote from Oxford ancestors:

"The clan of Ulrike (German for Mistress of All) is not among the original “Seven Daughters of Eve” clans, but with just under 2% of Europeans among its members, it has a claim to being included among the numerically important clans. Ulrike lived about 18,000 years ago in the cold refuges of the Ukraine at the northern limits of human habitation. Though Ulrike’s descendants are nowhere common, the clan is found today mainly in the east and north of Europe with particularly high concentrations in Scandinavia and the Baltic states."

Comment

U4 mtDNA

If your mtDNA test results show haplogroup U4, please join our project.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/U4mtDNA

Comment

Originally posted by DianeH
                          Actually Ursula is only used for group U5. If you are U4 you are Ulrike, I believe. I am not sure where this group originated, but it reaches it's highest concentrations in the Ukraine.
                          Even if you limit the area of your search to Europe, Ukrainian U4 frequency seems to be rather a local maximum, surpassed in several populations (even in w.european ones). The actual peak is the Volga basin where the frequency of 10-11% is the lower bound. Turn towards Urals and W Siberia and you'll get the values between 15 and 30% in Khanty, Mansi, Nganasans and Kets, though many Siberian groups are second to European ones when it comes to the U4 diversity (to the great extent, due to the overall low genetic diversity in the native northern people). The absolute maximum, as known up to the present time, is the Kalash population: 15 of 44 sequences published in 2004 by Murci, appeared to be U4, and they belong to only 3 distinct HVS1 types.

Comment

U4: Link between Mansi & Kalash

Vraatyah: Please refer to the following link which discusses the distribution of U4, as well as the linkage I have tried to establish between the Mansi and Kalash:

http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...3&page=2&pp=10

Kindly offer your opinion about this hypothesis as you are a scholar and seem to have good knowledge of the Ural population genetics.
                            Last edited by Kaiser; 28th July 2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser
                              Vraatyah: Please refer to the following link which discusses the distribution of U4, as well as the linkage I have tried to establish between the Mansi and Kalash:

http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...3&page=2&pp=10
                              Thanks for the link. Very interesting, now i'm searching for the exact matches of other Kalash sequences.

Comment

Working...
                              X