New Phylotree Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phylotree Build

The mtDNA tree Build 13 was released today. The list of changes is rather extensive--it appears to be the largest update in its history. Congratulations to the team involved, and thank you to everyone who's uploaded their FGS results to GenBank. And James Lick, who's a day ahead of us in Taiwan, has already released a new version of his mthap tool using Build 13 (it actually lets you choose which build to compare to).

I also noticed some nice additions to the website interface. When available, there are links for examples of each subclade to full genome sequences on GenBank. One of the links for my subclade is actually my GenBank accession. I've been immortalized in the phylotree!

My only regret is they didn't bring back subclade K1ö from Build 11 (they renamed it K1f in Build 12). I think it's a good idea to give Ötzi the Iceman his own subclade.
    Last edited by nathanm; 28th December 2011, 05:46 AM. Reason: umlaut

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
    The mtDNA tree Build 13 was released today. One of the links for my subclade is actually my GenBank accession. I've been immortalized in the phylotree!
    Me too !

U3b2.

One of the two accession number links is mine.

Comment

may we assume the new y-tree will be appearing soon as well?

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
        may we assume the new y-tree will be appearing soon as well?
        In fact, Version: 6.104 of ISOGG's Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree 2011 was also released yesterday. But they're maintained by two separate organizations, so it's probably more coincidence than anything else. ISOGG has been much quicker with updates recently; more than 100 this year! The 2011 tree was first released in February, and judging from the version histories, it seems it was just the first update of the year. Heck, at this pace, the 2012 tree should be out next week!

Comment

Yeah, my Y-DNA twig is now on the ISOGG tree (R1a1a1i, L664). But as was pointed out by others, it is really not in order, time-wise. My L664 SNP belongs to a line that diverged earlier (from M417) than other lines already listed. So there is some dissenting noise going on in the background.
          Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 29th December 2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
            Me too !

U3b2.

One of the two accession number links is mine.
            Welcome to the club, newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
              Welcome to the club, newbies.
              Thanks, Oldie.

Comment

Working...
              X