Question about gen bank to submit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about gen bank to submit?

I took the survey for my full sequence to give permission to use. Do I still submit to Ian Logan for gen bank? Not sure what else I am suppose to do?

Originally posted by pamelaw View Post
    I took the survey for my full sequence to give permission to use. Do I still submit to Ian Logan for gen bank? Not sure what else I am suppose to do?
    Yes. The last time FTDNA sent out an e-mail about consents was last November and they have not submitted any. So, doing it yourself is suggested, especially if you got your results recently.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Originally posted by pamelaw View Post
      If you follow Ian's very clear instructions, it is all a quick and easy submission, and Ian more or less tells you everything to do (usually within 24 hours). You then submit to GenBank based on Ian's suggestion (which includes a suggested email wording). Then you wait for an accession number from Genbank. For me, that final bit was the only hitch. It seems the email to genbank either didn't go through or was not acted on, as I did not get an 'accession number'. I followed up, and was advised by them to resubmit. But all in all, an easy 'transaction.

There is a nice description of how to search GenBank at
      :http://berrydna.pbworks.com/w/page/1...ssion%20Number There are probably other tips like this.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X