What is my subclade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my subclade?

Hi! I just got my HVR2 results and it doesn't give me any subclades. Can anyone help? My haplogroup is J. My mutations are:

HVR1 069T, 126C

HVR2 073G, 152C, 185A, 228A, 263G, 295T, 309.1C, 315.1C, 462T, 489C

Does anyone know anything about this?

Looks like J1* or a J1 subclade. You should join the J MtDNA project and if you really want to know the exact subclade get a FGS test.

The result was from http://vps1.jameslick.com with the results being too long to post. Try running that tool at the website above for the exact details.

Comment

You can see the paths here:

http://www.phylotree.org/tree/main.htm

To get from CRS (H2a2a) to upstream from the H haplogroup, you will need the following differences:

263 750 1438
      2706 4769 7028
      8860 14766 15326

To get into J you will need the following differences:

73 11719 (R0 to the R line) and 4216 (to R2)

J is a branch off R2

then

11251 15452A 16126 (to JT)

and

295 489 10398 12612 13708 16069 (to J)

Comment

As far as I know, the only way to know your sub-clade is to get the FGS. You won't know all your mutations until you do.

I was in the enormous H group until I got the FGS, which narrowed it way, way down to H16 -- a rather obscure, little group. It was a relief to know. I still had 300+ matches with HVR2; never mind the 9000+ with HVR1.

With FGS, I found two matches; one had a maternal line going back to 1500's Netherlands, which was plenty long enough for the genetic distance to be a common ancestor.
        Last edited by Wilma Wildcat; 9 October 2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilma Wildcat View Post
          As far as I know, the only way to know your sub-clade is to get the FGS. You won't know all your mutations until you do.
          It depends which haplogroup you're in. My predicted haplogroup from James Lick's mtDNA Haplogroup Analysis tool didn't change when I upgraded from HVR1+2 to FGS: K2b1a. In fact, my differences from rCRS are exactly the mutations that define my sub-clade, and no more. The only difference on FTDNA is it changed from K to K2b.

Comment

^ You didn't know that until you got the FGS. In hindsight you may not have needed it, but you don't know your mutations until you get the FGS.

Comment

^ You didn't know that until you got the FGS. In hindsight you may not have needed it, but you don't know your mutations until you get the FGS.
              True, I didn't know my coding region mutations before my FGS results, but my sub-clade was already the deepest I could be. I knew going into it, that the only thing FGS could possibly have told me was any private mutations, if I had any.

Comment

Ok, so I will wait until I order a FGS. Shoot.

I actually have tried twice now to join the J project, but I haven't gotten any response to it yet. Waiting, waiting...it feels like I do more waiting than anything else when it comes to DNA: waiting to join groups (I've sent requests to three groups and not one has responded yet), waiting to hear from matches with similar places and surnames on their GEDs (rarely do any answer), waiting on pretty much everything...sigh...

Comment

I was in the enormous H group until I got the FGS, which narrowed it way, way down to H16 -- a rather obscure, little group. It was a relief to know. I still had 300+ matches with HVR2; never mind the 9000+ with HVR1.
                  Gosh it appears I am in the H1c group but for HVR1 I only have 52 matches and HVR2 I dont have any matches, is this unusual?

Comment

Working...
                  X