Need Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!!

Got this test done 2 years ago but no matches! Not even one. Can anyone help me? Here are the results

HaplogroupL2c 16126C, 16223T, 16274A, 16278T, 16390A

As you probably know already, L2 as a whole is the most common haplogroup in Western Africa and among African Americans. However, most L2 belong to L2a, L2c is more rare. L2c is restricted to Western Africa, or at most to West Central Africa.

The lack of matches is probably due to your 16126 mutation, which is an additional mutation relative to those shared by all L2c's. Unfortunately, it is quite common for people of non-northern European descent to have no matches (I'm Italian and have no matches either). In part, this is due to the fact that other places (like Africa) have a more diverse mtdna. In part, it is due to the fact that Africa has not been sampled extensively. Perhaps, in the future, with more studies and more data, new observation that match you will pop up.

cacio

Comment

Originally posted by craigj View Post
      Got this test done 2 years ago but no matches! Not even one. Can anyone help me? Here are the results

HaplogroupL2c 16126C, 16223T, 16274A, 16278T, 16390A
      Have you tried uploading them (for free) at Ancestry.com, Genetree, and Genebase? to see if you match any group or population? (the latter two allow you to search for both people and ancestral population on their sites). Let me know if you need any help inputting this information or using the searches.
      Last edited by SallImSayin; 2 March 2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Smgf

There is also the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation smgf.org

You can look for surnames or for matches with your exact sequence or with variants of your sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
          There is also the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation smgf.org

You can look for surnames or for matches with your exact sequence or with variants of your sequence.
          Thanks, forgot to mention this. GeneTree utilizes SMGF's database. Instead of the plain results you get with SMGF, on GeneTree, you get a map layout and different view options when you do the search (using smgf samples).

"Q: Who provides the tools and resources that power GeneTree?
          A: GeneTree draws upon tools and resources contributed by several organizations, in addition to the primary contributions of the site's users. Key genetic family history information for GeneTree is provided by the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation (SMGF), a non-profit organization that is building the world's foremost collection of DNA samples correlated with genealogy information, gathered from individuals in more than 170 nations. ISO-accredited lab performs DNA testing services for GeneTree."

Comment

Originally posted by SallImSayin View Post
            Have you tried uploading them (for free) at Ancestry.com, Genetree, and Genebase? to see if you match any group or population? (the latter two allow you to search for both people and ancestral population on their sites). Let me know if you need any help inputting this information or using the searches.
            I would like some help in putting this information into Ancestry. I took a test with Genebase around the time I did for FTDNA.

Thanks,

Comment

To enter your results with Ancestry.com, you'll first need an Ancestry account, obviously. Then go their DNA website: dna.ancestry.com (not hyperlinked to avoid violating FTDNA's ToS). At the very bottom of the welcome page it says this:
              Already have DNA results?
              If you already have results from a different DNA testing company, you can still compare them with others in the Ancestry.com database.

manually enter results
              Click the link, and it'll take you to a page where you can enter your results, either Y or mt DNA. They already have a template setup for people who've tested with FTDNA and I think one other company, since the markers are ordered differently by some companies. But you can input any Y-STR values or mtDNA SNPs into their system. It's not difficult, but it can be a bit tedious.

For Y-DNA, you just have to use the drop down boxes to choose the number of repeats at each DYS marker. For mtDNA, you have to type in the location and pick the value (A, C, G, or T) yours differs from the Cambridge Reference Sequence (CRS). They also ask what haplogroup you tested as, and information about your most distant known ancestor.

After you've submitted those results, you can get matches from within their database. What I like best about their system, is attaching the DNA results to yourself (or whoever tested) in your Ancestry family tree. Then it infers those results for other relatives who should have the same haplotype, e.g. my Y-DNA haplogroup shows up on my brother, father, and paternal ancestors' profiles.

Comment

^^ thank you. And you are right it does work with the first link you posted. I was mistaken by the way the page looked, so I assumed something was wrong. Any way, further analysis shows that my haplogroup is L3f1b. This is determined by : L3f1b 189, 200, 1822, 7819A, 8527, 8932, 11440, 14769, 16292, 16311

The sequence in blue determines the haplogroup placement. At least that is what I am getting from reading about that particular haplogroup. http://www.genebase.com/learning/mtd...enetic-tree/L3

Comment

Yes, and you can also verify this by looking at the phylotree for mtdna:
                  http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_L3.htm

cacio

Comment

Working...
                  X