Got my FGS results!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my FGS results!!!

My haplogroup is X2 (so I'm no longer X2b) but I can't seen to get into my control panel on this site to make the necessary changes but here's my markers:

HVR1 Haplogroup X2

HVR1 differences
    from CRS
    16189C
    16223T
    16278T
    16292T
    16519C

HVR2 differences
    from CRS
    73G
    143A
    195C
    225A
    226C
    235G
    263G
    315.1C
    CR differences from CRS
    750G 1438G 1719A 2706G 4342G
    4769G 6221C 6371T 7028T 8860G
    11719A 12705T 13966G 14470C 14766T
    14971C 15326G

Congratulations on getting your results!

You may want to consider having Ann Turner prepare a report for you on the meaning of your mutations.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostX
      Congratulations on getting your results!

You may want to consider having Ann Turner prepare a report for you on the meaning of your mutations.
      How can I get hold of Ms. Turner?

Comment

You can use "Quick Links" to make your changes since the "Control Panel" function has been broken for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
          You can use "Quick Links" to make your changes since the "Control Panel" function has been broken for a year or so.
          Thanks. I made the changes and although I got a message that it didn't work, apparently it did. I hope I typed it right...LOL!! That's a lot of mutations!!

Comment

Originally posted by girlperson1
            How can I get hold of Ms. Turner?
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by juniorforce
              Thanks!!

I've also just submitted my FGS to the BLAST database so science will have the information for their purposes.

Comment

You can also check whether you fit anywhere among the published sequences:

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/discussion/hap_X.htm

cacio

Comment

Originally posted by girlperson1
                  I've also just submitted my FGS to the BLAST database so science will have the information for their purposes.
                  Thank you for doing that! Hope everyone will do the same.

Comment

So I have, it appears, 30 mutations. Is there a relation between number of mutations and age of bloodline?

Comment

now you can also go to www.mitomap.org

Scroll down until you get to "MtDNA Mutations with Reports of Disease-Associations". On the left side are 2 options organized by mtDNA location. Click on both of those. Look up each of your 30 mutations to see if there's any disease association to it. (when you click on each of those 2 optons, look at the 4th column to find your mutations if any are listed - that's where the locations are listed in alphabetical - I mean numerical - order).

Comment

Results are expressed as differences from the rCRS. Generally the more differences the younger the haplotype but there is some evidence to suggest there is not a uniform 'clock rate' for changes across all lines.
                        Last edited by tomcat; 11 August 2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
                          Results are expressed as differences from the rCRS. Generally the more differences the younger the haplotype but there is some evidence to suggest there is not a uniform 'clock rate' for changes across all lines.
                          I had the FGS and found, according to Ann Turner's report on my CR mutations, that I only have the two CR mutations that define T2 and nothing downstream that would place me in a subclade. Ann said that this indicated there hasn't been a CR mutation in my maternal line for thousands of years. She only found 2 matches for my CR mutations in the scientific literature.

So, it is possible to have no mutations for long periods of time. I'd be interested to know how many other people with FGS results of whatever haplogroup, have the same situation.
                          Last edited by MMaddi; 11 August 2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by penguin
                            now you can also go to www.mitomap.org

Scroll down until you get to "MtDNA Mutations with Reports of Disease-Associations". On the left side are 2 options organized by mtDNA location. Click on both of those. Look up each of your 30 mutations to see if there's any disease association to it. (when you click on each of those 2 optons, look at the 4th column to find your mutations if any are listed - that's where the locations are listed in alphabetical - I mean numerical - order).
                            Oh, this is interesting. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat

Are you sure the MORE differences, the YOUNGER the haplotype? I look at haplogroup H and see no mutations but looking at haplogroup L I see as many as 85 mutations.

Comment

Working...
                              X