J1C5 and mutations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1C5 and mutations

I’ve posted this in the other two mtdna boards and I’ll try this one too. I’m anything but advanced but maybe an advanced person knows something about my extra mutations.

Hi, I’m J1C5 and did my full mtdna test in April 2021. Only one match in all three areas with a distance of 3. I did talk to her through email and found out her ancestry is Ashkanazi Jewish from Hungary. A total surprise to me as a blond, blue eyed Methodist. Also, one for HVR1 and 2. I’m curious about the extra mutations and wonder if any of you are familiar with these and have any of them? I read that G1719A is a defining one for Native American but I suppose other Halpgroups have the same mutation? We do have rumors for Native American but then doesn’t everyone?
    G185A
    315.1C
    522.1A
    522.2C
    G1719A
    G3666A
    C16519T
    Last edited by Catlover; 20 May 2021, 12:03 PM.

I collected information on J1c5 and saw that its presence in Ashkenazim probably results from a European convert to Judaism centuries ago. It is at any rate definitely not pre-1492 Amerindian.

Thank you for telling us about your Hungarian Jewish match. Where did your matriline originate from within Europe, if you know? The British Isles? J1c5 is present in English and Scottish people and Methodism is also present in Britain.

Comment

Working...
    X