Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother, sister and me different Ancestores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lina22 View Post
    My sister and mother did the dna test by my heritage, and they never got their haplogroup!
    Your mother and sister should have identical or virtually identical mtDNA results as you, so there is no need to do additional mtDNA testing for them.

Comment

Hi
      My sister and mother did the dna test by my heritage, and they never got their haplogroup! Wich we found kind of scandalous!!
      I will try that family finder that I was suggested.
      And yes we know that we have Peruvian Inca, that is
      100 %. But in my dna result I can't see it...
      Anyway I will do this family finder.

Greetings Lina
      You said in the beginning all 3 of you did the mtDNA test - MyHeritage is not an mtDNA test, it's an autosomal DNA test. You can't compare autosomal DNA results with mtDNA results - they are completely different types of DNA. Their autosomal DNA results are giving them results from the full spectrum of their ancestry, where as your mtDNA results are focused on just one direct line going back further than autosomal DNA is capable. If you took an autosomal DNA test, you would likely find some similarities with your mom's and sister's tests, and if they took an mtDNA test, you would likely find the results identical to yours.

It is not scandalous that MyHeritage doesn't provide a haplogroup, because it's autosomal DNA, there is no haplogroup. Haplogroups aren't normally particularly useful for recent genealogy anyway and MyHeritage being a genealogy website, they focus on autosomal DNA, which is more relevant to recent genealogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Germanica View Post
        You said in the beginning all 3 of you did the mtDNA test - MyHeritage is not an mtDNA test, it's an autosomal DNA test.
        Originally posted by GST View Post
        Your mother and sister should have identical or virtually identical mtDNA results as you, so there is no need to do additional mtDNA testing for them.
        But Lina22 did say in the first post of this thread that she, her mother, and her sister all have done an mtDNA test, and in her second post she further elaborated that at least her test was a Full Sequence test. She referred to her Ancestral Origins page, which is part of the Full Sequence results at FTDNA. Her mention of the MyHeritage tests they did is a distraction to her actual questions, although it is good to explain the difference between autosomal results and mtDNA results, and which companies offer those, so she will understand that.

It's not clear to me if she is always referring to the ancestral locations of her mtDNA matches at FTDNA, or the differences of the locations of autosomal matches or ethnicity predictions from MyHeritage.

She originally seemed to be confused about the different origins given by the matches that she, her mother, and her sister all got on their Ancestral Origins pages (which may indicate that they also did Full Sequence tests). What is unclear is if her mother and sister got the same haplogroup assignment as she did (U5a1a1, as Lina22 has stated in another post in this thread), and if the mother and sister also have similar origins for the matches shown on their Ancestral Origins pages:
        We don't have the same name and we live on 3 different places in the world.

I wonder how come that we haven't got the same ancestores??

My mother got INUIT. My sister got Italian. Me I got Native American. But our Ancestores are not from North America or Italy.
        Because we got Ancestores from Inca, Peru. But we don't understand why we got 3 different results.
        And yes we know that we have Peruvian Inca, that is 100 %. But in my dna result I can't see it...
        Lina22 seems to be saying that although she, her mother, and her sister actually have known Inca ancestors from Peru (100%!), but each get mtDNA matches from different parts of the world, or who show different ancestries. Several of us have tried to answer based on the information given, but we need more information from Lina22 to give better answers.

Beyond that, the haplogroup U5a1a1 is not one of the known Native American haplogroups. It is mentioned in the paper she quoted in post #8 in this thread as being an "Old World" haplogroup found during the study:
        As for Peru, one of the ten mtDNA control regions was classified into an Old World haplogroup, the European U5a1a1.
        Perhaps her direct maternal ancestor came from Europe, but lived in Peru, and had a Peruvian Incan husband, or descendants who married Peruvian Incan people. It is not clear to us what the situation is yet, so that is speculation.
        Last edited by KATM; 26th August 2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post

But Lina22 did say in the first post of this thread that she, her mother, and her sister all have done an mtDNA test, and in her second post she further elaborated that at least her test was a Full Sequence test. She referred to her Ancestral Origins page, which is part of the Full Sequence results at FTDNA. Her mention of the MyHeritage tests they did is a distraction to her actual questions, although it is good to explain the difference between autosomal results and mtDNA results, and which companies offer those, so she will understand that.

It's not clear to me if she is always referring to the ancestral locations of her mtDNA matches at FTDNA, or the differences of the locations of autosomal matches or ethnicity predictions from MyHeritage.

She originally seemed to be confused about the different origins given by the matches that she, her mother, and her sister all got on their Ancestral Origins pages (which may indicate that they also did Full Sequence tests). What is unclear is if her mother and sister got the same haplogroup assignment as she did (U5a1a1, as Lina22 has stated in another post in this thread), and if the mother and sister also have similar origins for the matches shown on their Ancestral Origins pages:
          But why then even mention MyHeritage? If all three of them really did do FTDNA's mtDNA test, the mention of MyHeritage is totally irrelevant.

Comment

That's why the whole issue is confusing; we need clearly presented information, but what we have is parts presented in unconnected pieces, so we're not sure how they relate. If Lina22 would post again, carefully answering the specific questions other users have asked, perhaps we could piece it together.

Comment

Hi everyone

Yes it's right, my heritage didn't make any mtDNA,
              I got the wrong information.
              I did the mtDNA. So we will later make new different tests.

​​​​​​And yes, our ancestors are from the incas, defenitly.
              It's nothing strange and everyone can see that in my mother and grandmother and grand ant,, the way they look. And my sister as well...
              There were a lot of sailors, long time ago.. That is why we have incas in our ancestors.
              Thakns all for all your support.

Comment

Working...
              X