One T1 lineage: only Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One T1 lineage: only Russians

A couple days ago I was asked in PM to tell who I am, why others share their genealogical findings and I never do that. No secret here. Though I don't seriously rely on what called "molecular genealogy" (mathematical aspects of phylogeny seem much more attractive than any partial knowledge of geography, migrations, population history or whatever we have now!) , anyway I'm curious about my ancestry. I'm ethnic Russian, more precisely, of E. Belorussian and S. Russian descent. No non-Slavic ancestors in all the generations I know. As to the haplogroup (I'm male - in Russians "Valery" is more often male name than female - I don't know. The lab I'm working for (RCMG, Moscow) does not test for the STRs, only the snips are usually PCRed. As soon as find who I am, I will let anyone interested know immediately By chance, I got to know about my mtdna haplogroup. It's T1 with one additional transition at 188 (besides exact HVS1 motif). Russian and only Russian matches:

1. Tomsk, 2 samples
    2. Novosibirsk, 1
    3. Arkhangelsk Pomors, 1
    4. me (gggm was from E. Belorussia)

Because the Siberian Russians (first 2 above entries) are of Pomor descent, unless they are recent migrants, i'm more inclined to consider my lineage Northern, probably of the Finnish stock.

Any idea?
    Last edited by vraatyah; 3 October 2006, 06:22 PM.

That is actually highly possible. I would think Finnish stock, since most Russians of that far north would have Finnic in them.. There are four Finnic tribes in that region, most notably Mordvins. I myself am part Belarusian (west).

Comment

Hey, vraatyah!

Now that we know you are male, what is your y-haplogroup?

Comment

T1 mtDNA Haplogroup Project?

Originally posted by vraatyah
        SNIPPED

It's T1 with one additional transition at 188 (besides exact HVS1 motif). Russian and only Russian matches:

1. Tomsk, 2 samples
        2. Novosibirsk, 1
        3. Arkhangelsk Pomors, 1
        4. me (gggm was from E. Belorussia)

Because the Siberian Russians (first 2 above entries) are of Pomor descent, unless they are recent migrants, i'm more inclined to consider my lineage Northern, probably of the Finnish stock.

Any idea?
        Valery or anyone? I am watching my cousin's T1 test results as she tested for us both being the daughter of my father's sister - we have her direct mtDNA line tracked back to about 1821 in NC.

HVR1 = 126C,163G,186T,189C,294T,519C
        HVR2 = 73G,152C,195C,263G,309.1C,315.1C,469T

The old link I used to view the T1 mtDNa results no longer is working.

Can someone give to us the correct URL to access the T1 Project?

All help appreciated.

Bill Harvey

Comment

Bill, it's the first time I hear about the T1 project.
          Last edited by vraatyah; 23 October 2006, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Harvey

HVR1 = 126C,163G,186T,189C,294T,519C
            HVR2 = 73G,152C,195C,263G,309.1C,315.1C,469T

there is only one match from SWGDAM, American Caucasians

126-163-186-189-294-519
            73-152-195-263-309.1C-315.1C-469

Comment

MJ network for T1 haplogroup

Comments.

* Epsilon = 0
              ** weights of indels in most cases are set to 0; for HVS substitutions they vary from 2 to 10
              *** I added the transition at 16163 to the mutation lists of T1b sequences. Unfortunately, both published complete sequences fall into very rare subclade that lacks 16163 while all other T1b retain it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by vraatyah; 23 October 2006, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Off topic, Valery, sorry, but since I found you posting here I wanted to ask if, when you have a moment, you could look at the full sequence results I posted on my wife's mtDNA under the subtopic "New Buryat G2a Subgroup?" in the list of mtDNA topics. We discussed this some time back with incomplete data and you had predicted something like this.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled T1 discussion.

Jeff (who is an N1b)

Comment

"T" & "T1" mtDNA project URLs

Bill, it's the first time I hear about the T1 project.
                  Valery and all,

I enquired at FTDNA and found that both T(xT1) and T1 project data are being collected and charted as separate projects at World Families hosting sites.. I suggest that all interested parties take a look and join the group. We have done so already.

T project: http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtdna/t
                  T1 project: http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtdna/t1

Bill Harvey

Comment

Bill, thank you for the links. Where are the sequences?

Comment

Click on "Results" for sequences

Bill, thank you for the links. Where are the sequences?
                      Immediately beneath the title "mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project" there is a section/link named "Results" - click on that and the sequence chart is displayed.

Comment

A T1/T2 question

Can you tell me, what separates a T1 from a T2 in background ( nations of origin )?
                        Chris B

126C
                        218T
                        287T
                        294T
                        296T
                        304C
                        519C.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB123
                          Can you tell me, what separates a T1 from a T2 in background ( nations of origin )?
                          Chris, T1 is considered Neolithic, which is usually a synonym for "Near Eastern". T2 seems to be native in Europe, at least, most of its subclades are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Harvey
                            Immediately beneath the title "mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project" there is a section/link named "Results" - click on that and the sequence chart is displayed.
                            Thank you Bill.

Comment

Chris, T1 is considered Neolithic, which is usually a synonym for "Near Eastern". T2 seems to be native in Europe, at least, most of its subclades are.
                              Hi Valery-

I'm not sure what you mean by T2 being "native to Europe". Only
                              Neanderthals were native to Europe
                              I assume you means its unique mutations occured only after T decendents migrated to Europe?

Have you had any time to look at the thread I started in the general forum (on T5) by any chance?

best,
                              Penguin

Comment

Working...
                              X