Is U5 Anglo and K Saxon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vraatyah
    Please, look at the samples published within last 10 years. Russians (N=1026) have about 10% of U5 with high diversity. Germans (N = 1660) have 9% with a diversity comparable to that of Russians. In Norway (N=650, without Saami) the frequency is about 12% and diversity is lower than in Germans. In Finland (N>600, without Saami) the frequency reaches 20% and the diversity is more than twice lower than that of Germans-Russians, and this remains correct even we subtract all U5b1b1 variants from the sample.
    This is interesting Vraatyah, so U5 may in fact have developed in areas of northern Europe that includes present Russia and Germany. Probably Gravettian culture about 30000 years back in time could have been of U5 people. I also wonder if large migrations of people with H, J and T and other younger mtDNA haplogroups can explain why U5 is more frequent in north and northeastern part of Europe (where the climate has not been very favourable for agriculture). Farming people from the Middle East seems to have outnumbered the early hunter and gatherers.

Martin Richards et.al. 2000 have estimated the age of U5 to be between 45,100–52,800 years old in Europe. Haplogroup mtDNA U that the U5 people developed from also seem to be older in Europe than in the Middle East and the estimated age is 53,600–58,900 years BP.

However since U5 is so very widely spread inside Europe the different subgroups must have developed in different locations and U5a seems to be older than U5b if I have understood it correctly.

It seems that the age of U5b1 is between 10.000-15.000 years. Do you know of some studies that have estimated the age of U5b and U5a?

Comment

Here is interesting new that you probably know about already. As far as I know they have not extracted DNA from these bones and teeth’s.

The first modern men to Europe seems to have been in the regions of Kostenski for about 45000 years ago, about 350 kilometres south of Moscow according to this article. So far they have found some teeth and remains after sewn clothing of animal skins, stones, bones, and ornaments made with shells of molluscs and a piece of ivory of a mammoth with a carving that seems to be a human figure.

Scroll down the page in the URL and you can see some tools that are found and is probably the oldest find of modern humans in Europe. Simple animal traps are also found in near Don.

http://lithos-perigord.org/spip.php?article253

Comment

U5a1a - Saxon or Norman? (in the last 1,500 years)

Is there a U5a1a connection with French/German mainland Europeans - that were likely to have migrated into the UK (maybe during Norman conquest, or even earlier in the 5 century from Saxons)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
          Well, you know anciently the Angles and Saxons hung out together,and so did the Jutes from Denmark.Like,they all floated over to Britain from N.Germany in 400AD,and like ,I saw lots of Mt U's on the German Maternal Page and I just wondered were they the Angles from Sweden.Are they some of the corresponding people of Germany or are they a bunch of unrelated folks that dwell there? That's what I'm trying to figure out.Are they the Angles and we're the Saxons? Remember this is ancestral,not that I actually call Swedes Angles,but hey,you could if they are.
          Yes read this post:

http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...0&page=1&pp=10

Comment

U mytsries

I get the impression that (my) U5b2 originated in the Western Med area, before many of them migrated northward after the big melt (less than 10,000 years ago). And maybe haplogroup U5a originated in southern Russia, etc., and many of them migrated northwestward, before retreating down to the Western Med area; the U5b1 & 2 emerging from that western batch of U5a before the big melt.

I notice a recent "U" on the Kerchner website, that I found by looking at Ian Logan's website was U5a, that it is quite similar to mine (HVR1 & 2). Mine has 3 fewer mutations in HVR1 and one more mutation in HVR2. That person was from Italy (Ladina or similar). And U5b2 is represented in Sardinia. As far asI know, my own maternal U5b2 line is either from the UK or Germany.

http://www.kerchner.com/cgi-kerchner/mtdna.cgi

U5b2 (16270T & 16519C); (73G, 150T, 228A, 263G, 309.1C & 315.1C)

Comment

link to Ian Logan

Here is the link to Ian Logan's website:

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/mtdna.htm

Ciao!

Comment

Working...
              X