H6a1a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H6a1a

I am not sure I understand matching at the level of H6a1a. Does this mean that I do not match someone with H6a1b2d?

Your full mtDNA results

Yes, according to http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_R0.htm H6a1b2d is three mutations from H6a1a. That is on the threshold of what is being shown as a match by FTDNA.

If you or your potential match have any mutation among the ones that are no haplogroup defining you will not see each other at FTDNA. Of course, if you happened to have the same mutation(s), your genetic distance would not increase.

W.

P.S. I am sorry for the overly convoluted language, may be someone rephrases or presents it better

Comment

Mine is H6a1a too and I only match people within this haplogroup or subclade. I have many one, two and three step matches, but only two matches with no genetic distance. They show the same mutations I show. Yet, they are not related to me, at least not in the genealogical sense.

Comment

H6a1a

I am very new to this. H6a1a is my Haplogroup.

Comment

Also new to this part of the forum. Yes I am H6a1a. I am Dutch, Origin unknown. Have found no matches yet.

Comment

Working...
          X