Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FMS match (U5b2b2)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New FMS match (U5b2b2)

    I've been notified that I have a new U5b2b2 FMS match. That is my second. This one has a genetic distance of 2, which probably indicates a common ancestor back in the Dark Age. He hasn't given any information about himself (yet?). He is not shown to match me in HVR1 or HVR1+HVR2. That could mean the "2" are in the control region, with the coding region matching me exactly.
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 11 February 2014, 01:43 AM.

  • #2
    Lo and behold, I now have a third FMS match. This one is like the second, with a distance of 2. It also does not match my HVR1 or HVR2. It would be nice if they would join the U5b project. So I now have one match with a distance of one; and the two most recent matches with a distance of 2. The earliest one matches my HVR1 and HVR2, which means a coding region difference.
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 14 March 2014, 09:02 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
      Lo and behold, I now have a third FMS match. This one is like the second, with a distance of 2. It also does not match my HVR1 or HVR2. It would be nice if they would join the U5b project. So I now have one match with a distance of one; and the two most recent matches with a distance of 2. The earliest one matches my HVR1 and HVR2, which means a coding region difference.
      A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 1798 View Post
        A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.
        Thanks for the information. Common ancestor (with GD of 2) back in the Mesolithic, I guess.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi,

          It is not that bad. More like 1,500 years +/- 1,500 years per non-heteroplasmic difference.
          Originally posted by 1798 View Post
          A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
            Thanks for the information. Common ancestor (with GD of 2) back in the Mesolithic, I guess.
            I think that the general consensus is that MT Eve lived around 200,000 years ago and the average number of MT mutations are 55. My son has 55 and I have 66 so you could divide 200,000 by 55.
            Maybe I have it wrong but some other posters may have a better idea.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1798 View Post
              A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.
              One mutation in the full mtDNA genome per 3700 years is a common estimate of the mutation rate, but assuming two people share a maternal ancestor 3700 years ago, and they both have the average of one mutation, then a GD of two would be 3700 years, so Rebekah's estimate seems about right. It is also important to take into account the uncertainty range - some 1 step matches could share a common maternal ancestor more than 1500 years while some could be much more recent than 1500 years. For people who don't have any 0-step matches, I think it is worthwhile contacting the 1 and 2 step matches. In most cases they probably won't share a recent common ancestor, but in some cases they might.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi,

                Yes, they might indeed. Especially if the mutation is on something fast moving like 309.1C.
                Originally posted by GST View Post
                ...In most cases they probably won't share a recent common ancestor, but in some cases they might.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I noticed today in looking at one of my rare HVR1+HVR2 matches that, in the list of surnames given, there appears to be 3 that are Native American, including a Cherokee reference. A couple of other surnames may point back to Long Island (early 1700s in my case). This could be cousins who went south during the 1700s with my line.
                  Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 17 March 2014, 12:16 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    PDHotlen, Congratulations!


                    I haven't received an email notification but I logged in yesterday and found out that I also have FMS matches now, two people who are H1c12 like me, and both are at a genetic distance of 1.





                    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                    A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.

                    Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                    More like 1,500 years +/- 1,500 years per non-heteroplasmic difference.


                    Which one of these is correct?
                    Last edited by rainbow; 7 June 2014, 07:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With no heteroplasmy

                      Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                      Hi,

                      It is not that bad. More like 1,500 years +/- 1,500 years per non-heteroplasmic difference.
                      I am not aware of heteroplasmy, in my results. I have an exact match at the FMS level. Do you think that we have a common ancestor in recent times, with no heteroplasmy?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the mutation 309.1

                        Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                        Hi,

                        Yes, they might indeed. Especially if the mutation is on something fast moving like 309.1C.
                        I have this mutation(309.1C)as well.
                        Last edited by winner; 7 June 2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: mistake

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just received my fourth FMS match (U5b2b2). Unfortunately, it is a genetic distance of 2. That would seem to be a long way back to a common ancestor; maybe centuries back.
                          Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 21 June 2014, 05:40 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                            I just received my fourth FMS match (U5b2b2). Unfortunately, it is a genetic distance of 2. That would seem to be a long way back to a common ancestor; maybe centuries back.
                            It could be 7,400 ybp. The province of Leinster has the most U5 at 18% in the Isles.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                              It could be 7,400 ybp. The province of Leinster has the most U5 at 18% in the Isles.
                              Who knows where my direct maternal ancestral line is really from? I psyched myself into believing that I have dukes and earls back there. But I could easily have gone astray in putting my deep tree together.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X