Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MtDNA Community results broken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MtDNA Community results broken

    I noticed my MtDNA results imported from my FTDNA account to the MtDNA Community are my correct rCSR mutations. But my GenBank entry is missing three mutations. I don't even match myself in the mtDNA community database. I sent emails to the contacts listed on the MtDNA community website weeks ago and have not received any response or even an acknowledgment someone is looking at it.

    Now I know SAMPLE ID: MC586 is my FTDNA account transferred since I logged in, added and verified Poland in my Origin Country field. I also know SAMPLE ID: MC21047 NCBI ID: JN646689 is my GenBank entry.

    Anyone know how this I can get resolved? I'm also concerned many or all the GenBank entries are missing mutations at the MtDNA website.

    I have not contacted FTDNA since I suspect they just say contact the MtDNA Community.
    Last edited by thetick; 29 October 2012, 01:55 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by thetick View Post
    I noticed my MtDNA results imported from my FTDNA account to the MtDNA Community are my correct rCSR mutations. But my GenBank entry is missing three mutations. I don't even match myself in the mtDNA community database. I sent emails to the contacts listed on the MtDNA community website weeks ago and have not received any response or even an acknowledgment someone is looking at it.

    Now I know SAMPLE ID: MC586 is my FTDNA account transferred since I logged in, added and verified Poland in my Origin Country field. I also know SAMPLE ID: MC21047 NCBI ID: JN646689 is my GenBank entry.

    Anyone know how this I can get resolved? I'm also concerned many or all the GenBank entries are missing mutations at the MtDNA website.

    I have not contacted FTDNA since I suspect they just say contact the MtDNA Community.
    I think the Match utility is looking only at results uploaded by individuals, not at GenBank entries in the master file created at the time the paper was published. At least that appears to be the case for me. What mutations are missing?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
      I think the Match utility is looking only at results uploaded by individuals, not at GenBank entries in the master file created at the time the paper was published. At least that appears to be the case for me. What mutations are missing?

      Sorry for not responding earlier. I'm on the east coast and did not have power until late Friday. I also had some much more important family issue to resolve then my MtDNA reported results.

      My mutations below are not shown in my Genbank entry, but are in my FTDNA import results entry:
      309.1C, 315.1C and C16519T

      Comment


      • #4
        OK, those are all hotspots, and Behar's deliberately excludes them. This quote is from the technical article (linked at the mtDNACommunity site)

        "Transitions at the hypervariable position 16519, insertions of one or two Cs at positions 309, 315, and 16193, A to C transversions at 16182 and 16183, as well as length variation of the AC dinucleotide repeat spanning 515–522, were excluded from the phylogeny."

        My GenBank record in the phylogeny is missing the very same mutations you mentioned. I'm inclined to think that the match function does not include GenBank entries. I do have a match listed with 4-steps difference uploaded from FTDNA, so that would be enough of an allowance to retrieve my GenBank record if they really designed the match function to include all those records.

        It's good to hear from you and learn that you have at least a smidgen of time and energy left for genetic genealogy pursuits!

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for all your responses Ann over the years. Your expertise is always welcome.

          Comment

          Working...
          X