Contacting individual members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting individual members

What is the policy for contacting individual Surname Group members about their ancestoral lines? I would like to do so with a few members, but I don't want to go through gmail but rather I personal email. I have always had issues with gmail and don't use it unless I have to and get little response when I do. Is it forbidden to use your personal email addy?

Assuming you are the admin of a FTDNA project your email address is listed in the project so anyone can see it. There is no reason for you to not send a message to a project member. I've been an admin since 2002 and I send members messages when needed.

Comment

Thank you, Jim. Yes, I just became the Administrator and would like to use my personal email address instead of being directed to go through gmail, which is what happened when I tried to send a message to one individual. That person wasn't using gmail as his, either. thanks again.

Comment

Nanaof3, when you say gmail, are you referring to the FTDNA Projects Bulk Mail? (gmail is a legit email account via goggle.)
        You can email individual project members with their email address listed in the members information area. That is what I usually do.

I only use the Project Bulk Mail for rare instances when I need to send information to all or certain large groups of members. I'm not sure if many members read it or if it goes to their junk mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaof3 View Post
          Thank you, Jim. Yes, I just became the Administrator and would like to use my personal email address instead of being directed to go through gmail, which is what happened when I tried to send a message to one individual. That person wasn't using gmail as his, either. thanks again.
          Do you use a Windows 10 PC? Looks like you have Google gmail account set up as your default email client. What do you use for your personal email (e.g. outlook, yahoo, etc.)?

Comment

Working...
          X