Control of Surname Project Joins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control of Surname Project Joins

How can a surname project administrator prevent kit holders from joining the project without his approval if the kit holder has not done or ordered a Y-DNA test?

You can set project to only accept Join Requests on approval.
    Project Administration > Project Profile. Uncheck "Allow new members to join without a join request"

Other then that, I don't think there is a way to restrict Joins.

If project does not have a statement on it homepage, I would add a statement along the lines that members must have a yDNA test (or one in progress) to join project. Failure to do so one will be removed from project.

I can not remember if an Administrator can access a Join requests profile before Accepting them to project, but if not
    Administrator can accept join request, look at profile and confirm yDNA testing and then remove kit if no yDNA test was ordered. Then send message to kit stating that project requires yDNA testing in order to join.
    Last edited by prairielad; 12th October 2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

control of join requests

Originally posted by wolongforums View Post
      How can a surname project administrator prevent kit holders from joining the project without his approval if the kit holder has not done or ordered a Y-DNA test?
      I hear the frustration of wolongforums. From an Administrators point of view, a person who would join a surname project without testing ydna has no more access to information than a non member in my project. ydna grouped by STR and SNP data is available to the public at my site.
      Unfortunately with the growing number of atdna testers, FTDNA does not have a way to group these tests except by relationship in Family Finder.

Comment

Working...
      X