Transfer DNA results from Britains DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer DNA results from Britains DNA

Question to Darren or any other that may know this answer.

I have a gentleman from Sidney Australia that wishes to join my yDNA Darley surname group. He was tested by https://www.britainsdna.com/ and wishes, if possible to transfer his results to ftDNA.

1) Is this possible to transfer his results? (this 3rd party was not listed by ftDNA)

2) If it is possible, is this the best course of action or would it be better to be tested at ftDNA verses this 3rd party site?

Researching the forums, I could not find anything pro or con, and was hoping someone had to answer this type of question in the past.

Warmest regards and thank you in advance for your assistance,

K. L. Adams

I don't think the BritainsDNA test is transferable, it is a SNP test for the Y-Chromosome not an STR test. Maybe it would be of some help just to compare haplogroups but for use in a surname project he would need to test again with a STR Y-DNA test.

Comment

Originally posted by travers View Post
      I don't think the BritainsDNA test is transferable, it is a SNP test for the Y-Chromosome not an STR test. Maybe it would be of some help just to compare haplogroups but for use in a surname project he would need to test again with a STR Y-DNA test.
      Thank you! It looks like he will be better off ordering a new test from ftDNA.

Comment

Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
        Question to Darren or any other that may know this answer.

I have a gentleman from Sidney Australia that wishes to join my yDNA Darley surname group. He was tested by https://www.britainsdna.com/ and wishes, if possible to transfer his results to ftDNA.

1) Is this possible to transfer his results? (this 3rd party was not listed by ftDNA)

2) If it is possible, is this the best course of action or would it be better to be tested at ftDNA verses this 3rd party site?

Researching the forums, I could not find anything pro or con, and was hoping someone had to answer this type of question in the past.

Warmest regards and thank you in advance for your assistance,

K. L. Adams

Comment

from Australia, though british born, had to retest to use data base. Which is 60% restricted i.e no show and F.Tree is almost nonexisting
          Hence of no use

Jim s

Comment

Working...
          X