Reviving a stalled project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving a stalled project

I joined the Smallwood surname project several weeks ago and the project appears to be stalled. I am a newbie, but would like to offer to help the administrator out in any way that I can...but there is no administrator listed.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to find out who is the administrator and how to help revive the project?

Thanks,
    Charlie Smallwood
    n122262

You will need to contact the helpdesk for the group projects. You can email [email protected] about taking over a stalled or abandoned project.

I have just gone thru the process myself, it will take a little while for them to add you as an administrator. They will need to attempt to contact the current administrator, if there is one, to make sure the project is stalled or abandoned. Mine took three months but a lot of stuff was going on at FTDNA at the time. Since there dosen't appear to be one listed for your project it might be an easier and shorter process for you.

Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
      You will need to contact the helpdesk for the group projects. You can email [email protected] about taking over a stalled or abandoned project.

I have just gone thru the process myself, it will take a little while for them to add you as an administrator. They will need to attempt to contact the current administrator, if there is one, to make sure the project is stalled or abandoned. Mine took three months but a lot of stuff was going on at FTDNA at the time. Since there dosen't appear to be one listed for your project it might be an easier and shorter process for you.

Gerald
      Thanks for the advice Gerald. I will contact the helpdesk and start the process.
      Charlie

Comment

Working...
      X