Foster DNA Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster DNA Project

I am a Foster family researcher, but I do not have the Foster surname (or DNA). Fortunately, I have some wonderful Foster cousins, one of whom was willing to submit his sample to the Foster DNA Project. www.fosterdna.org

The results were more than we could have hoped for. There was a 25-marker match with another participant. Through our communications, I have discovered that we are descended from the same ‘patriarch’ through 2 of his sons.

Our common ancestor is Thomas Foster (c 1669 –1769). Thomas was born in Essex Co.. VA, and died in Cravin Co., SC. He was married twice: to Elizabeth Meador (m. c.1718, Essex Co., VA) who is probably the mother of all his children, and to Carolyn Rogers (m. Aug. 1761, Prince Edward Co., VA). Thomas had 7 sons.

Thomas was the son of Robert Foster (b. c. 1651) and Elizabeth Garnett. Robert and Elizabeth had 11 children in all, and 8 sons including Thomas.

With the large number of males in this family, there should be a lot of Fosters out there who share a DNA match with my Foster cousins. I encourage all to participate in this or other FTDNA Projects.
Working...
X