Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not see newly added member in a surname project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not see newly added member in a surname project.

Bought a kit for a new member and have got results. Added him to my “Ashford” project and he shows up. I can see him in the results with my project admin id. However, if I use my regular id or the member's id, he is not visible. I have checked various permissions and everything seems to be set up correctly. How do I make him visible to other members? Thanks for any help.

When you sign in using the member's ID you should only see his kit. When you sign in using the ID for your kit you should only see your kit. The only time you should see information about other project members is when you sign in the the admin ID.

Comment

Originally posted by glashfordjr View Post
      Bought a kit for a new member and have got results. Added him to my “Ashford” project and he shows up. I can see him in the results with my project admin id. However, if I use my regular id or the member's id, he is not visible. I have checked various permissions and everything seems to be set up correctly. How do I make him visible to other members? Thanks for any help.
      Make sure "Opt in to Sharing" (under Project Sharing) is turned on in his "Project Preferences" tab within his "Account Settings".

Comment

Jim and mattn, thanks for the quick reply.

Jim, I was not clear in my initial description. I meant the user selected the "Ashford" project and could see other kits but not the new one that was just added.

mattn, I had the correct settings but saw something about it might take 24 hours for the settings to become effective. Everything is working fine now, so I guess it was the time delay.

Comment

Glad it is working now!

Comment

Working...
          X