Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subgroups not showing min/max/mode

FTDNA Cavazos project colorized Y-DNA STR cut .jpg
    I have tried multiple times clicking the selection box aiming to show Min/Max/Mode in the spreadsheet with nothing happening here or in the version seen by all group members ... I can't get to show the modes/ranges or the colorized differences from modes. Any suggestions?

I can't tell if you have selected classic or colorized. I just tried colorized and after checking the show min/max/mode the page reloaded and did show them. I see you have also checked the box. The colorized differences also showed. I was signed in as admin for this test.

When I signed into my kit and displayed the colorized everything work, even though there was no check box to show min/max/mode

Comment

It was the colorized version within administrative login. This is for the Y-DNA Colorized Chart in the project "Cabazos". Just cut names and kits for privacy. Here is the link:
      https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ame=ycolorized
      I still can't make it to show after clicking in the spreadsheet option within the admin menu, or in the group users menu.

Comment

The link only works for members of the project. I'm not doubting it isn't working for you. Has it ever worked for this project.

Comment

No, it has never worked. The project was un-grouped. About 3 weeks ago, I created the subgroups and moved member results into the different groups, after running the data using the YDNA grouping app (http://www.ydnagroupingapp.com/). I clicked on min/max/modes box but it has never showed those results. I might have skipped something when I created them, or after that. The project administrators do not have experience and had never used these features (as I indicated the data was all un-grouped). I am a co-administrator of the project and new in this role, which is why I am asking for help. Here is the member's view after erasing kit numbers for privacy.... Group 1 is a U-152 cluster, Group 2 is a FGC20747 cluster. There are 3 pending Big Y-700 among group 2 members.

YDNA colorized cavazos member view.jpg
          Last edited by Cavazos; 31 May 2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

When the staff gets back to the office maybe they will get the issues with grouping resolved.

Comment

Min/Max/Mode were not showing in my subgroups on the colorized Y-DNA chart.
              I found that is fixed by moving a member out (to ungrouped) and back in, that is, any change to the group will restore Min/Max/Mode to that group.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.

Comment

There are two ways to move members in/out of subgroups: 1. Via Member Subgrouping 2. via Genetic Reports, Y-DNA Results (the 3rd of 3 listed).
                  I used the second method. Click Mr x's current group, use dropdown to send him to ungrouped, click Save icon. Repeat to return Mr x to his group, which should now have min/max/mode rows.

Comment

Thanks this worked for me.

Comment

Awesome!! I finally fixed the problem in my project, thanks to the help from DougInAmbler and his suggestion.

Here is the process, in slightly more detail:
                      Using the Admin sign-in, I opened the colorized Y-DNA chart, clicked on Min/Max/Mode (nothing happens), then open another browser window and select from the menu Y-DNA menu, Y-DNA Results, the member names appear and at the extreme right showing the sub-group for each member, select a member for each sub-group and move a person to un-grouped and SAVE. Do that again and placed them back on their selected subgroup and SAVE. Then, magic happens to show the measures of central variance for each of the sub-groups in the colorized Y-DNA spreadsheet.
                      Last edited by Cavazos; 7 June 2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Yes that does work. I also found to those that have the problem deleting an unused subgroup that shows up in the Y-DNA Results page but doesn't show up on the subgrouping page just create a new group with that same exact name (same spacing and everything) and then it can be deleted.

Comment

Working...
                        X