Sub-group display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-group display?

I figured out how to create sub-groups & how to add members in each subgroup; however even when I added the subgroups in the order they should be in, they do not display in the correct order? Presently my sub-groups are R-M269, R-S7019, R-BY17958, R-BY39564. This is actually the order they should be in, according to ages; for example we know that R-S7019 mutated 1492 or before, R-BY17958 mutated 1538-1672(5 different ancestors), R-BY39564 mutated between 1698-1759(3 ancestors). R-M269 is 25,000 yrs old and if men have not done snp testing at FTDNA or the Big Y then they are designated with this haplogroup.

Anyways, is there a way I can get the subgroups to start at the top of the page with R-M269, then below R-S7019, then R-BY17958 then R-BY39564? Right now the order is showing R-BY17958, R-BY39564, R-M269, R-S7019. I will be adding new snp groups shortly, so I want to get this started correctly.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher(Wells)
    Group admin "The Descendants of John Wells 1492"

Sub-Groups are displayed in alphanumeric order of the group name. Your results illustrates this.

You might put a two digit number ahead of the group name, this would allow 99 sub-groups (01-99) or put a letter or two in front of the name. Yes it is a pain, but that is the way it works. You might want to leave gaps to be able to insert new groups

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      Sub-Groups are displayed in alphanumeric order of the group name. Your results illustrates this.

You might put a two digit number ahead of the group name, this would allow 99 sub-groups (01-99) or put a letter or two in front of the name. Yes it is a pain, but that is the way it works. You might want to leave gaps to be able to insert new groups
      Thanks Jim. I will use the 01-99 in front of the group name, and leave gaps to be able to insert new groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post

Took your advise, worked just fine.

Comment

Glad it worked for you!

Comment

Working...
          X