BigY-700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigY-700

There are quite a few orders for the new BigY-700 in my Project(s). I notice that the lab is wanting "fresh" participant samples . . . ie, less than two years old or an older vial that has not yet been opened. Do I understand that correctly? And if a new sample is needed then FTDNA will write directly to the participant to inform someone of that need? Or will they simply send out a new kit without informing the participant in question of the need for the sample.

I am wondering if I should individually alert each participant in my Project(s) that this might happen - or just leave it to FTDNA headquarters.

Thank you, JoThom

Based on the writing, it does sound like they will alert the customers themselves. Unknown if they will follow through like that. I had contacted FTDNA about one member's sample given the donor had passed away. After a few days the kit manager contacted me and told me FTDNA had contacted them about the kit. They told me, "Was told we should be good because samples last 8-10 years." In this kit manager's case, the donor sample was collected in November 2016.

Comment

Working...
    X