Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a new Sub Group and moving someone from the Ungrouped into it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a new Sub Group and moving someone from the Ungrouped into it.

I have a member who is presently "ungrouped" due to lack of information given. However, since I have become administrator, I have communicated with him and know about his oldest known ancestor and family history. I don't think he belongs in any of the already established groups, so I want to create a new Sub group for him and move him and his results into it. I found how to create a new Sub group but how do I enter him into it and do I need to remove him from the "Ungrouped group" first? He should be getting BIG Y results soon and I want to make sure they are also entered, will that be done automatically or do I have to do it?

When signed into GAP, hover over "Project Admin" and select "Member Subgrouping". Find the name of the subgroup you want to add the "Ungrouped" person to. In the "Manage" column, click on the arrow for that sub-group. All members, not in a group will be listed. Click on the "Add" link in front of his name. He should be added to the selected group.

Comment

Is there any way to use Subgrouping for Family groupings for FamilyFinder Projects?

Comment

FTDNA's cookie cutter public website is for Y-DNA and mtDNA only. I don't know of any other place they use subgrouping.

Comment

Working...
        X