"Sticky" postings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sticky" postings

I am a new project co-admin and I have suggested our project post a sticky post with links to resources. Sticky posts are posts that always remain at the top of the Activity Feed. Seems wasteful to continually post the same links or cover the same basic info when participants can act on their own or inform themselves.

How does one make a "sticky" post?

Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    I am a new project co-admin and I have suggested our project post a sticky post with links to resources. Sticky posts are posts that always remain at the top of the Activity Feed. Seems wasteful to continually post the same links or cover the same basic info when participants can act on their own or inform themselves.

How does one make a "sticky" post?
    I haven't tried it but can you just make a post and then click the "Pin this post" icon? There is also a column on the left specifically for links.

Comment

The pin icon will be next to the arrow that gives you options to edit and hide posts. Regular members won't see this, so make sure you are logged into your GAP account to see and use it. It only appears in the original post and not the replies it has.

Comment

Unable to 'pin' a post at top of Activity Feed....

I'm a co-admin and do not see the pin icon when I create a post to the Activity Feed logged into GAP. What am I missing? Thx

Comment

I don't know for sure if co-admins can pin posts, but there are certain posts that can't be pinned. Is the post the one with the green icon for "Post to Group"? Those for sure you can pin. The ones showing new members joining can't be pinned. Make sure you are logged in to your admin account and not your own kit (if you have it in the project as well).

Comment

I'm co-admin or admin on different projects, and I can confirm that I don't have the option to pin posts as a co-admin, only if I'm an admin.

Comment

Working...
            X