Requested to start project - no response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requested to start project - no response

I requested to start a surname project and got no response for about a month. I had some e-mail issues for a day during that time so I did the request again but still no response. How long does it take? Will they communicate a denial or only an approval?

There is no surname project for our name currently I hope that getting a project going will allow me to solicit others to do the test. Currently the closest match at Y-67 is genetic distance 5 and two at 6 with a name not even similar.

Hello,

Can you please send me a private message with your email address and details about the group project you were looking to create? I can get this information to our group project admin and see what may be going on.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Comment

I have the same issue. I requested a new project but got no response yet.

In project application page they say 'If you are interested in starting a new project with Family Tree DNA, please fill out the following application. After review, you will be notified via e-mail if your new project proposal has been accepted. Please allow 5 business days for review.'

5 business day came to end and i am impatient Could you help me?
      Last edited by engisdene; 28 March 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I have the same issue. I want to be able to start recruiting. Its been almost a month and no response. Did FTDNA lose half its staff? It seems like customer service has slipped drastically in the last six months.

Comment

I have been waiting since early Feb with no response. Even after Darrin said he was contacting someone I did not hear anything. It does make me feel a little better that I am not alone.

Comment

Same for me on the waiting for my request to be approved and the surname group created.

I also sent a follow up to Darren a while back asking for assistance, nothing has happen

Comment

I just opened a request on the support page, the rest of you may want to consider it also. Maybe we will get a response that way.

Comment

I got my e-mail thanks to Darren but now I get the "houston we have a problem" screen when I log in with the new ID

Comment

I sent you a follow up email trying to get the error resolved.

-Darren

Comment

Requested to start project - no response

Darrin,

I just sent you a PM and hope you can also provide assistance for my requested Surname Group.

I also provided my email address, do not hesitate contacting me if you require additional information.

I will be traveling to Georgia April 17th for a family reunion for this surname group and hope that I can solicit candidates to join as members.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide expediting the creation of this surname group.

Comment

"houston we have a problem"

Originally posted by JMSaxby View Post
                      I got my e-mail thanks to Darren but now I get the "houston we have a problem" screen when I log in with the new ID
                      Okay, Darren worked his magic, and now I have "houston we have a problem" when logging into my new group page.

How did you get this error resolved?

Comment

"houston we have a problem"

Darren,

Any update to the "houston we have a problem" error message I have when accessing the Group Administrator Page.

Comment

Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
                          Darren,

Any update to the "houston we have a problem" error message I have when accessing the Group Administrator Page.
                          Just talked to Chris via the customer service help phone line and he believes we have a chicken and egg situation of no members for the group.

He promised he would research and get back with me.

Heading to Georgia tomorrow for the reunion and with a little luck the new surname group will be in operation

Comment

Success!!!

Many thanks to Darrin, Chris and the rest of the crew that now has my surname group up and running. Took a phone call and a lot of emails going back and forth today.

Thank you!

Comment

Request to administer a group-

April 9th-- I requested to start a group called Bankester Indian Child for offspring on an abandoned child 1813-- who was assigned this as a surname..
                              Michael Davis
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X