Unable to Access DNA Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Access DNA Forums

I know this is not the appropriate venue but I am unable to post my problem in DNA Forums and cannot find any way to contact someone there. I sign in and it says that it is successful; however, all but two of the topics show "Protected," and I am unable to post in the two that don't. Cookies have been deleted. I've rebooted. Still unable to access the boards. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Originally posted by Time Traveler View Post
    I know this is not the appropriate venue but I am unable to post my problem in DNA Forums and cannot find any way to contact someone there. I sign in and it says that it is successful; however, all but two of the topics show "Protected," and I am unable to post in the two that don't. Cookies have been deleted. I've rebooted. Still unable to access the boards. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    I had to click on "Forgot password" even though I had not forgotten it..through a series of prompts it fixed things for me although I now have an older password that I had some time ago.

Comment

Kathleen - Your solution worked. Thanks!

Comment

Kathleen - I have to retract my last comment. I changed the password and was able to access the boards. However, when I got out and reentered the forums the same problem exists. Says sign in is successful but boards are protected.

Comment

Unable to access DNA Forums

Kathleen - I have to retract my last comment. I changed the password and was able to access the boards. However, when I got out and reentered the forums the same problem exists. Says sign in is successful but boards are protected.
          I can sign in the forum but half of it is missing and cant get in my profile page or anyone elses and most of the posts as you say are protected, I have cleared cookies eta.. everyones photo has gone from the status part of the forum and when I look at the bottom of the page to see if I am signed in I am not there if i click on anything I get taken to an error page asking me to sign in again

I am going insane

basque

Comment

No - you are experiencing the same anomalies as I am. I doubt there is anything else we can do until we here from the administrator (I finally found a link to contact him on the DNA Forums site).

Comment

No - you are experiencing the same anomalies as I am. I doubt there is anything else we can do until we here from the administrator (I finally found a link to contact him on the DNA Forums site).
              Great hopefully we will have an answer soon, no doubt others will be having the same problem.

basque

Comment

Here is the response I received from the Administrator.

"After you delete browser cache and cookies login at
                http://dna-forums.org not at the .com domain."

I am now in business. Good luck.

Comment

I am now in business. Good luck.
                  Just gone back via your link and it worked all normal PHEW

thanks see you there

basque

Comment

Just be aware that .org is the domain George uses for maintenance work such as the server move he is currently doing, and .com is the usual address, so it's a good idea not to get into the habit of using .org

At the moment he has .com pointing to .org, and at some time in the future that will be undone.

Comment

Working...
                    X