GAP Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAP Beta

It was supposed to be up today. What happened. The Dashboard is still working.

The beta is in place. No more Flash/Flex GAP. Please give it another try.

Mark

Comment

Thanks. When I tried earlier today, it was not there. Now, it is.

Comment

Patience, Grasshopper!

Mark

Comment

Much better!

Thanks, Mark!

Comment

I havent used the Dashboard since it was first put up. It was way to slow and I really didnt like it.

This version appears to be much easier to use.
            It has some new fatures that look useful, like the SNPs, odrer summary, notes sections and various charts, but I cant get to the members information, as I get an Error message.

I guess it will take a few days to iron out the bugs, again.....

Actually there seem to be a few bugs
            Not all halpogroups apper on the Haplogroup Chart.
            Y DNA Results say I dont have anyone at 67 markers, when i do. etc..
            Pending lab results and recieved lab results shows an Error Message etc....
            Last edited by rivergirl; 27 August 2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I just took GAP 2.0 for a spin, and wow, is this ever better than the crappy flashy Dashboard! (It actually works!!!)

Minor issues at first glance:
              -Advanced Y-STR results beyond 67 markers are still not available, but we now have one-stop SNP results!

-Multi-copy markers are now show hyphenated, which may or may not be a good move. It would be nice to see some integration with or consideration for other utilities such as Dean McGee's Y-Utility and the latest version of Ken Nordtvedt's Generations calculator, or perhaps comparable implementations.

...to be continued..
              Last edited by vot; 29 August 2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

How long until the past results are migrated? I am still showing "no data".

Comment

Originally posted by vot View Post
                  -Multi-copy markers are now show hyphenated, which may or may not be a good move. It would be nice to see some integration with or consideration for other utilities such as Dean McGee's Y-Utility and the latest version of Ken Nordtvedt's Generations calculator, or perhaps comparable implementations.
                  Nope, definitely NOT a good move. Y-DNA hyphenated dual-marker scores on the Excel / CSV download are auto-converted to DATE values, not TEXT. This makes off-site manipulation and analysis a chore at best.

Please fix!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vot View Post
                    Nope, definitely NOT a good move. Y-DNA hyphenated dual-marker scores on the Excel / CSV download are auto-converted to DATE values, not TEXT. This makes off-site manipulation and analysis a chore at best.

Please fix!!!
                    No I don't like either
                    It also throws out cut and paste when comparing results from various soucrces

Comment

Working...
                    X