New Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dashboard

I have an email from FTDNA telling me all about the new dashboard for admins.
    When I login, my GAP page is the same old one.
    I cant see any GAP Dashboard Help widget, as mentioned in the email.
    Have I missed something?

You'll get an email inviting you to set up your Dashboard account tomorrow. It was supposed to go out this afternoon, but they had a last-minute issue that caused them to postpone until morning. (I only know b/c I was talking to someone on the FTDNA staff earlier.)

Elise

Comment

Thanks Elise,

I'll wait until tomorrow.
      I live in Australia and never know what time it is in America, so the statement about 2-4 CST was meaningless to me.

Comment

At the bottom of every page of the forum is the statement, "All times are GMT -5. The time now is" followed by the current time in Houston, Texas which is on CST. Of course Houston time is currently adjusted one hour for daylight saving time. The difference from GMT will change by one hour when we go off of daylight savings time.

We put daylight in a bank during the summer and withdraw it in the winter (not)

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
          Thanks Elise,
          I live in Australia and never know what time it is in America, so the statement about 2-4 CST was meaningless to me.
          Well the timezone (CST) was supposed to help But they actually used the wrong timezone... as Jim said, we're in daylight savings. We're supposed to signify that by changing the S (standard) to D (daylight).

CDT = GMT-5
          CST = GMT-6

There are timezone websites on the internet that can help with this.

Bookmark this one, it has Houston directly listed

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

And there's a converter page too:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Elise
          Last edited by efgen; 17 September 2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
            At the bottom of every page of the forum is the statement, "All times are GMT -5. The time now is" followed by the current time in Houston, Texas which is on CST. Of course Houston time is currently adjusted one hour for daylight saving time. The difference from GMT will change by one hour when we go off of daylight savings time.

We put daylight in a bank during the summer and withdraw it in the winter (not)
            Thanks guys, I didnt look right at the bottom of the page for the time.
            Actually on my page it tells me the "All times are GMT+8 and the time is 7.49am", which is my local time so I'm not sure that helps.

Dont get me more confused with the daylight banking time.
            Ive bookmarked the worldclock, thanks Elise.

Now to go and discover the dashboard...

Comment

Forum System Time

All,

The time zone is configurable on a per-user basis. Hit the "User CP" link in the dark menu bar above and for me, it's under "Settings & Options", then "Edit Options" and "Date & Time Options".

Best,

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X