Dashboard versus the GAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard versus the GAP

Just curious but I don't remember reading about it. Is there a projected date to launch the stable version of the Dashboard? And, will you keep the GAP working simultaneously for a while or will you kill it at the same time the Dashboard goes public?

Dashboard vs. GAP

Victor,

What I announced at the conference was that there's been no decision to end support for the current GAP. That said, there will be some functional differences as some of the structures underlying the existing GAP will not adapt to the new architecture seamlessly. For example, grouping in the existing GAP and the new GAP are independent, though based on the same data.

Mark

Comment

Gap page

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty in loading the GAP page? I have been trying for three days and just get HTTP 404.

Comment

I have been going to the GAP of two of my projects without a problem. I just checked one of them and it opened normally.

I use IE8.0

Comment

Gap

Thanks Jim. At least I know it is still operational. I had been able to view the site all last week but now just getting the Error message. I also use IE8.0.
          Waiting to hear from our co-admin. to see if he is able to access OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen Surman View Post
            Thanks Jim. At least I know it is still operational. I had been able to view the site all last week but now just getting the Error message. I also use IE8.0.
            Waiting to hear from our co-admin. to see if he is able to access OK.

I cannot see any new results for some of my groups??

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
              I cannot see any new results for some of my groups??
              Via the GAP or the new Dashboard?

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                Via the GAP or the new Dashboard?

Elise
                I don't think I have the new dashboard so guess it is the GAP.They need to fix it.Links are not working.

Comment

Gap page

Just thought I would drop a line to say that I can now access the GAP page. I had been 'working' from a link supplied by our co-admin. several years ago which must have become corrupt. FTDNA supplied me with relevant codes to access the GAP page and I am up and running again.
                  Thanks to the team who responded so efficiently.

Comment

Co-administrator problem

What is being done in cases in which the original administrator has become very inactive, often unresponsive, but retains control of the project as principal administrator and doesn't respond to requests to list the co-administrator for the new dashboard? As a co-administrator I have been maintaining our webpages and responding to all concerns for several years now, but an email requesting that our largely inactive administrator list me for the dashboard has brought no response.

Comment

Maybe they are like me. It only takes me 1 hour to open the new Slowboard (there is no dash about it). So far I haven't found out where to add a co-admin.

FTDNA can replace Admins. You might want to contact them.

Comment

Working...
                      X