Test failures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test failures?

Looks like FTDNA has a lot of test failures lately. In my Romania group of 36 people we've experienced three failures in the past month, mostly on the FGS test (2) or upgrade from HVR1 to HVR2 (1). I have failures in batches 229, 235 and 236, including my own FGS test. Are others experiencing this, too?

OK,
    Then who do you want us to use for our tests?
    I'll stay with FTDNA..
    Advertising comes in all shapes and sizes............

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
      OK,
      Then who do you want us to use for our tests?
      I'll stay with FTDNA..
      Advertising comes in all shapes and sizes............
      My only comment was to ask if other group administrators are experiencing test failures lately. It has nothing to do with switching to another company. FTDNA is delivering good work and tests and has an impressive database of results. My question was strictly technical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Draghici
        Looks like FTDNA has a lot of test failures lately. In my Romania group of 36 people we've experienced three failures in the past month, mostly on the FGS test (2) or upgrade from HVR1 to HVR2 (1). I have failures in batches 229, 235 and 236, including my own FGS test. Are others experiencing this, too?
        Dan,

I have four projects and I have not noticed a problem. If they are finding the failures and they are correcting them I don't think you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Draghici
          Yes, the Polish Project has failed tests from batches 225, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, and 236.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka
            Yes, the Polish Project has failed tests from batches 225, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, and 236.
            Thanks! It seems to be relatively common then... We'll have to remain patient.

Comment

What do you mean by "failed tests"? Are you referring to bad results or samples that had to be retested?

Comment

Originally posted by jablair
                What do you mean by "failed tests"? Are you referring to bad results or samples that had to be retested?
                Samples that allegedly needed retesting.

Comment

Samples that allegedly needed retesting.
                  Are you suggesting that they really didn't need to be retested?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett
                    Are you suggesting that they really didn't need to be retested?
                    It is not impossible that FTDNA's computer automatically marks all late tests as "test failed, needs retesting," even if the actual reason for the delay is somewhat different (e.g., move of a lab from one location to another).

Comment

It is not impossible that FTDNA's computer automatically marks all late tests as "test failed, needs retesting," even if the actual reason for the delay is somewhat different (e.g., move of a lab from one location to another).
                      That may be true. I noticed for some customers the message about "your sample test failed, it will have to be rerun" (or something like that) was followed in the next day or a few days later by the results.

Comment

Very few things are impossible, but I don't believe the lab moved. The FTDNA office in Houston moved a short distance, but I don't believe the lab moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett
                          Very few things are impossible, but I don't believe the lab moved. The FTDNA office in Houston moved a short distance, but I don't believe the lab moved.
                          Actually, the Houston lab did move when the Houston office moved. And I'm relatively certain that the Arizona lab moved to a larger space a while back too. The moves of course may have caused some delays at the time, but those are certainly exceptions to the rule!

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
                            Actually, the Houston lab did move when the Houston office moved. And I'm relatively certain that the Arizona lab moved to a larger space a while back too.
                            Would you happen to know at all when:
                            #1. Houston lab moved
                            #2. Houston office moved
                            #3. Arizona office moved.

Go raibh mile maith agat ('Thanks).

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Clochaire
                              Would you happen to know at all when:
                              #1. Houston lab moved
                              #2. Houston office moved
                              See the News section of the FTDNA homepage: