Bulk eMail for YSearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk eMail for YSearch

Is there a simple way to send a bulk email to those who have not uploaded results to YSearch such that only those who have received results and have not uploaded them to YSearch will get the notice?

Also, if member uploads 12-marker results to YSearch and later tests additional markers but doesn't upload them, will the GAP indicate that he has or hasn't uploaded his results?

Why don't you ask FTDNA both of these questions and then post their reply here.

Comment

I'll do that

I'll do that. (I thought Max normally read this forum and would post a reply)

Comment

I know they monitor the forum, but I have found it best to send question for FTDNA to them.

Comment

I for one do not (family) want FTDNA e-mailing me. If they have a match they will notify us. I also do not consider a 35 out of 37 points a match (YDNA). Some people want their DNA results to stay confidential. I have heard of one group selling the DNA information. dc

Comment

You can elect to stop bulk e-mail from your project admins.

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
              I also do not consider a 35 out of 37 points a match (YDNA).
              What would your reaction be to a 35/37 "match" and a third party (all same surname) that is GD 1 from each of those that are GD 2 apart? We have that case on our Project.
              Floyd Oakes
              Co-Administrator
              Oak Family DNA Project
              www.familytreedna.com/public/Oak/
              Y-A1a*-AS mt-K1a
              Ysearch NTX73

Comment

Our family tested 12/12 plus higher tests.
                I was shocked as I thought that going back thru 9 fathers it would be somewhat different.
                I do not want to be a spoil-sport but I cannot see a connection. A 12 point (Y-DNA) match goes way back and the 37 point is closer in time. I would start looking at the persons father/grandfather. You should use the 37 point or higher tests for that.
                DNA testing is a most reliable procedure and this is the reason they use it in criminology. I could say that DNA testing is 100% reliable. I would bend (maybe) on a 12 point exact match and the 37 point being off by one (This could be an adoption, etc). Since no end of this spectrum matches, they are not related. Start backing up in time until you get a match. Remember that mutations are passed on father/son, father/son. d

Comment

Working...
                X