Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

origin of the Germanics/Teutons (Jastorf?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• origin of the Germanics/Teutons (Jastorf?)

Since some days I have been a member of your interesting forum. I enjoy
    reading the messages every day.
    During many years ago I thought that the Germanics/Teutons included
    the Dutch came from Sweden. Rolf Hachmann's book Die Gothen und
    Skandinavien impressed me very much. But I was impressed mostly
    by the message that the DNA-analyse of the Germanis came from
    Northeast Germany.
    Who can give more information? I supposed that R 1 b was during 30.000
    years authtone in West-Europe. The Bask and Germanics should have
    the same ancestry the Cro-Magnon men.
    But it always remains a big riddle how the Indo-European languages i.c.
    Germanic arrived in Scandinavia. Without immigration and only by cultural
    adoptions. This was the opinion of a lot of archeologists.
    But who knows more about the Nordic Bronze Age? Were they Germanics?
    Now there are lot of doubts.
    And we cannot forget the affinities between the Germanic and Baltic
    languages. It is now clearer that the Germanics must have a northeast
    German origin, included the Goths who did not come from Scandinavia., but
    they were nothing but east Germans.
    But what has happened with descendants of the Cro-Magnons?
    Now they were members of the Faelish/Bruenn and Borreby races?

Erik

Norman/Germanic - Viking heritage - Language and Culture in Sicily.

Norman/Germanic - Viking heritage - Language and Culture in Sicily.

My cousin through marriage David Neilson assumed my surname was biological ‘Raciti’. I am biological in fact a Caggegi. He told me that I needed to wait in line before I could consider my Norman/Germanic - Viking heritage.

He believes he is of Danish heritage (through his surname - Neilson). He has brown hair and brown eyes. I personally don't see it at all. My daughter Racheal has blonde hair and blue eyes - and is most likely to be of that area.

I have found the original form of my biological name to be of a 'North Sea Germanic language' of Norse Origin: 'Keggeg', specifically from the Ingaevones, Jastorf and Langobardic cultures that migrated into North Italy in the 6th and 7th centuries.

History tells us that there were significant Lombard (with their Gallo-Italic idiom) settlements in Randazzo, Sicily.

There was a Lombard Community (the last to come, with the Normans) around the church San Martino in Randazzo.

The Langobardi tribe could have been biologically very similar to The Cimbri (Danes) and The Frisii tribes.

The one thing I do know is that The Lombards through The Jastorf culture - were in locations in Sweden - were I find other 'Keggeg's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...e_Germanic.png

Comment

Lombards and Saxons

# Longobardus — Lombards
      # Saxneat — Saxons

Lombards and Saxons have the same dna haplotype.

The Lombards, Saxons, and Angles were all Germanic peoples. The Lombards are thought to have originated on an island in the Baltic Sea. In 100 B.C. they moved into the area now known as Germany, and by A.D. 500 they lived in present-day Austria. The Lombards invaded and controlled much of Italy from 568 to the mid-700s. Today the northern region of Italy is known as Lombardy, named for the Lombards.

The Saxons were a warrior tribe who lived in Jutland (a peninsula comprising a portion of present-day Denmark and northwestern Germany) during the second century A.D. They staged a series of raids along the coastal areas of the North Sea, occupying the northwestern coast of present-day France by 400. Fifty years later they reached England, then part of the waning Roman Empire, which crumbled later in the century.

Comment

North Italian Kingdom Of The Lombards Ad 568 - 773

NORTH ITALIAN KINGDOM OF THE LOMBARDS
        AD 568 - 773

The Lombards, or Langobards, originated in and above northern Silesia/Prussia (now western Poland) as part of the Suebi (Baltic Sea). They migrated south in the sixth century, filling the gap left on the north bank of the Danube in Hungary by the collapse of the Huns. After being used as a mercenary army by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian, the Lombards began to invade northern Italy after his death, diminishing the influence of the Byzantine Exarchate at Ravenna.

I'm certain that The Saxons and Langobards came from the same Hamburg area, Schleswig-Holstein region.

Comment

The Lombards are Saxons by blood.

This would explain would I have many Anglo-Saxon exact matches. These Lombards from North Germany (Hamburg) went into Milan 6th century then into Sicily during the 11th century.

Invaders huh...

Comment

Originally posted by johnraciti

This would explain would I have many Anglo-Saxon exact matches. These Lombards from North Germany (Hamburg) went into Milan 6th century then into Sicily during the 11th century.

Invaders huh...
            That's be great, except that you cannot definitively establish any Lombard ancestry for yourself. Nor can you establish that Lombards and Saxons were similar, much less identical, genetically.

Otherwise, it's a swell theory.

Comment

Are R1b1c9a and R1b1c9b members from the Hamburg?

Are R1b1c9a and R1b1c9b members from the Hamburg - North German region previously inhabited by the Saxons?

Could these members be people who populated England with the Anglo/Danes - Saxons/Nth Germans in the 5th Century.

These could also be the same haplogroup members that populated the Lombardic people of Italy in the same period.

Or could these members be native Britons? or even Normans...

Comment

White nationalists hope that population genetics will
                provide clear criteria for 'white'. Some have adopted
                a definition based on the Y-chromosome haplogroup R1b.
                This marker is prevalent in most Western European
                populations, possibly reflecting the re-expansion into
                Europe of a smaller human population in Southern
                Europe, after the last ice age.

I believe R1b's are a clear criteria for the 'white' western race.
                WOW. Not only are you quoting neo-nazi sites as a basis of historical fact, but now you're trying to identify R1b as white only? I have a match in a public database of a self identified african-american, and he's a 12/12 match with my R1b1c. Does that make him white?

What is the purpose of your Nordic-Celtic Project again? White nationalism?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie
                  WOW. Not only are you quoting neo-nazi sites as a basis of historical fact, but now you're trying to identify R1b as white only? I have a match in a public database of a self identified african-american, and he's a 12/12 match with my R1b1c. Does that make him white?

What is the purpose of your Nordic-Celtic Project again? White nationalism?
                  Good point about matching with an African-American! I have heard that, based on testing, 20-25% of African-Americans have a paternal line which is R1b, therefore "white" by John's definition. Does this qualify them to now be considered "white"? And what of those hardy Englishmen and Scandinavians who are R1a or I1a? Are they not "white"?

It sounds like John's definition of "white" has some problems.

Comment

From my understanding you cannot use yDNA (paternal line) and mtDNA (maternal line) as way to categorise peoples skin colour or “race”. This testing have challenged the concept of “race” as to limited to understand heritage, because our heritage are found at deeper levels than at face value. Our paternal and maternal lines are only a small part of our heritage. If you go back a few generations from these two lines you will first have 4 lines, then 8 lines, and then 16 lines etc. You carry the genes from all of these people.

My haplogroup is U5, and more specifically the Saami motif U5b1 (16144, 16189, 16270). U5 seems to be one of a few haplogroups that developed in Europe (like for instance yDNA I1, R1b and mtDNA V), and U5b1 are traceable to the Saami people. However both U5 and U51b can be found around the globe. Achilli et.al. (2005) have observations of U5b1 in north African Berber people, in west African Fulbe/Fulani people and in Siberian Yakut. I guess these native people look as Berber, Fulani or Yakut people even if their genes hold some secrets about European admixture about 8000-9000 years ago.

As an example: If a majority of your lines comes from native Senegalese people, but your paternal line is R1b you will probably still have a dark skin tone and look Senegalese.

Comment

R1b is spotted far eastwards on the euroasian continent. Khants have 20% R1b east of the Urals for example.

Noaide

Comment

Criteria?

White nationalists hope that population genetics will
                        provide clear criteria for 'white'. Some have adopted
                        a definition based on the Y-chromosome haplogroup R1b.
                        This marker is prevalent in most Western European
                        populations, possibly reflecting the re-expansion into
                        Europe of a smaller human population in Southern
                        Europe, after the last ice age.

Criteria for what...?
                        Please explain,Mister JohnRachiti.

Nas(son of WW2-Vet.)

Comment

Working...
                        X