Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by vineviz
    You didn't ask, but one way to work around this is to simply save the web page that opens up to your computer (usually as Page Source or HTML Source, depending on your browser's menu).

Excel can open HTML source documents (e.g. alleles.html) and will display them pretty well. A little cut-and-paste plus formatting to pretty things up usually goes pretty quickly for me.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I doesn't seem to work with Firefox, but I got it to work with IE.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have tried that. I need to copy and paste individual haplotypes into differerent spreadsheets. When I paste, Excel puts everything into one cell.

Leave a comment:

• vineviz
    replied
    Originally posted by sbdilks
    Hi,

About a week ago, I began to have a problem using the Download to Excel function on the GAP page. It used to create a spreadsheet, from which I could copy and paste to other spreadsheets for placement to my web site.

Now, it is opening the results in a new web page, and I'm not able to copy and paste from it. I'm using Firefox.

You didn't ask, but one way to work around this is to simply save the web page that opens up to your computer (usually as Page Source or HTML Source, depending on your browser's menu).

Excel can open HTML source documents (e.g. alleles.html) and will display them pretty well. A little cut-and-paste plus formatting to pretty things up usually goes pretty quickly for me.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    FTDNA had to plug a security issue, and changed a few things in the process.

Have you tried the simple Copy & Paste option? It brings up a web page that you can then Select All and Copy, and then Paste to an open Excel spreadsheet.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Download to Excel

Download to Excel

Hi,

About a week ago, I began to have a problem using the Download to Excel function on the GAP page. It used to create a spreadsheet, from which I could copy and paste to other spreadsheets for placement to my web site.

Now, it is opening the results in a new web page, and I'm not able to copy and paste from it. I'm using Firefox.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have I inadvertantly changed something that is causing this?

Thanks,
    Steve

German DNA Project Admin
Working...
X