Paying for a Big Y-700 Upgrade from the Project General Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for a Big Y-700 Upgrade from the Project General Fund

That used to be pretty easy. The member would order the upgrade or test and click on "bill me later". Then the admin could go in and pay for it from the general fund. I don't think that works now, so how do I do this?

I have offered a member a free upgrade from Y-111 to the Big Y-700 for the kit she manages, and she has agreed.

Can someone lay out the steps for me in plain language? I'd appreciate it.

I believe you have to contact FTDNA to do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      I believe you have to contact FTDNA to do it now.
      Thanks. That's what I was thinking, too.

It was way easier in the old days.

Comment

I've done it fairly recently. You have the member give you advanced access, then order the kit from his account. There is a box just below the member's address, I forget the wording, but you click that and you get a different billing section. You can pay from that or I think there is a deferred billing option if you want to pay from the project fund. Sorry for being vague. I can see the layout in my mind, but can't read the wording.

Comment

Originally posted by similligan View Post
          I've done it fairly recently. You have the member give you advanced access, then order the kit from his account. There is a box just below the member's address, I forget the wording, but you click that and you get a different billing section. You can pay from that or I think there is a deferred billing option if you want to pay from the project fund. Sorry for being vague. I can see the layout in my mind, but can't read the wording.
          Thanks! That sounds good. I'll probably give FTDNA a call this morning anyway, since it would take awhile to get advanced access from the member, and maybe FTDNA can speed things up.

Comment

Successfully ordered the upgrade. I just had to forward the kit owner's permission to FTDNA, and they applied the money from the general fund.

Comment

Working...
            X