Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleting empty subgroups.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deleting empty subgroups.

    I recently reorganized subgroups by moving kits into new subgroups, leaving some empty subgroups. I now find that I cannot delete these old subgroups since they do not show up in Subgroups Index Page, but the still show up in the Reports. Ideas?

  • #2
    I just created a new subgroup. I didn't add anyone to it. Signed out of GAP. Signed into GAP. Went to the Member Subgrouping home page and did see the new subgroup and I was able to delete it.

    There are several known issues with Member Subgrouping since the new version was created and with most of the staff working from home things are moving VERY SLOW.

    I have one subgroup I can not move ungrouped members into. FTDNA has reproduced the problem, but they have not corrected it yet.

    When you are on the Member Subgrouping Home page, have you tried using the search function to find one of the empty subgroups?
    Last edited by Jim Barrett; 13 May 2020, 07:17 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the same problem: empty old subgroups show in public display but cannot be found in GAP Member Subgrouping, cannot be deleted or assigned to.
      The Search button does not find them. They are zombie groups now, cannot be killed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have an old empty subgroup in one of my projects I can't get rid of. Since it is a private Family Finder group I don't worry about it but there obviously are lots of bugs with this new subgrouping page that still need addressed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same here: I created a second edited subgroup with different language and color from a first existing one, with the idea to delete the first heading, but the first heading still shows as a duplicate heading in the views of the Project grid stacked over the new one. What gives at FTDNA these days? I am also reliving the past: I am training an administrator and both of us now have members missing from Colorized that are there in Classic, on whatever browser (Chrome, Firefox). This happened a few years ago and was reported then, and now we again have "ghost" headings and missing members.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
            Same here: I created a second edited subgroup with different language and color from a first existing one, with the idea to delete the first heading, but the first heading still shows as a duplicate heading in the views of the Project grid stacked over the new one. What gives at FTDNA these days? I am also reliving the past: I am training an administrator and both of us now have members missing from Colorized that are there in Classic, on whatever browser (Chrome, Firefox). This happened a few years ago and was reported then, and now we again have "ghost" headings and missing members.
            I don't know if this will work for you but I did get rid of my empty "ghost" subgroup by creating a new subgroup with the exact same name (same spacing, capitalization, color everything.) After creating that subgroup I believe it stopped showing on the Y-Results page and I was able to delete it.

            Comment


            • #7
              My "dupe" is heavily annotated with a long stream of SNPs. not sure I can reproduce that, but thanks for the idea. The truly strange aspect is that this only behaves this way in COLORIZED. Both my other admin and I get different results in the different views, with any browsers!

              NOPE, did not work, it will not go away but does not show in my GAP Member Subgrouping.
              Last edited by clintonslayton76; 15 June 2020, 04:07 PM. Reason: Tested the suggestion from mattn

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
                My "dupe" is heavily annotated with a long stream of SNPs. not sure I can reproduce that, but thanks for the idea. The truly strange aspect is that this only behaves this way in COLORIZED. Both my other admin and I get different results in the different views, with any browsers!
                If you use the "Export Spreadsheet" does the ghost subgroup show up? I was just thinking if it did then you can try copying the subgroup name off that and try creating that subgroup again and then deleting it. Might work might not. Good luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mattn View Post

                  I don't know if this will work for you but I did get rid of my empty "ghost" subgroup by creating a new subgroup with the exact same name (same spacing, capitalization, color everything.) After creating that subgroup I believe it stopped showing on the Y-Results page and I was able to delete it.
                  Thank you mattn! To restate: to get rid of zombie Subgroup "Group xyz", in Member Subgrouping create "Group xyz" (I picked Y-DNA type, arbitrary color), then immediately delete the same. Now gone forever.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X