Surname Project forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surname Project forums

FTDNA has an excellent resource here regarding DNA forums. There are times though that a surname project can benefit from it's own forum. If anyone needs/wants a Surname or Geographical forum setup I can do that. There is no charge (as in free). These forums can also be made private so only project members can view/post. These would be on the http://dna-forums.org site. These are available to all surname and geographical projects, not only those using FTDNA.
    Last edited by GvdM; 12 October 2006, 01:21 PM.

Originally posted by GvdM
    FTDNA has an excellent resource here regarding DNA forums. There are times though that a surname project can benefit from it's own forum. If anyone needs/wants a Surname or Geographical forum setup I can do that. There is no charge (as in free). These forums can also be made private so only project members can view/post. These would be on the http://dna-forums.org site. These are available to all surname and geographical projects, not only those using FTDNA.
    I stay away from any web site that is private/hidden. I was notified of a DNA match on SMGF. I accessed the site to find out the information is HIDDEN. What good is genealogy if it’s hidden? Do they want money for a peek? What are the adopted folks supposed to do? When everything is for pay, or hidden, I will take up rock collecting.
    dc

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
      I stay away from any web site that is private/hidden. I was notified of a DNA match on SMGF. I accessed the site to find out the information is HIDDEN. What good is genealogy if it’s hidden? Do they want money for a peek? What are the adopted folks supposed to do? When everything is for pay, or hidden, I will take up rock collecting.
      dc
      Some people want it hidden so it is an option. It is public by default. People have different tastes/reasons and whoever runs the particular forum makes the rules for that forum.

Comment

Working...
      X